Need a new car, inspire me.

TAFKARM

Need a new car, technically for the wife, but realistically its for me while Im working from home and she takes my car to work. I'll mostly be using it for ferrying the dog around, lots of short journeys.

Doesn't need to be fast.

Needs to be

• Dog friendly
  • Reliable
  • Comfortable
  • Reliable
  • Quiet
  • Petrol
  • Reliable
  • Heated seats, parking sensors etc would be nice.
  • Reliable
  • £4-5k
  • Not moon miles

Been thinking of a Volvo V50 Estate, but suggest away....

I´m not offering mines as decieded to keep it by the moment... but for a fraction of your budged, this is by far the best daily I´ve ever owned and could tick all your boxes.

VW Passat estate 2.0tdi. My company one did 80k in under 2 years. It then went as a pool car did another 50k and was sold to a staff member whose father is still running it now.

Other than service items nothing has been fitted at all. Not one bit of warranty work ever. Of course I was poisoning kids and killing the planet but other than that highly recommended. Good at towing as well.

Another vote for the Passat. My Passat estate was great. Friends friend has a nine year old one with 350+k on the clock and it’s still going strong!

Another +1 for the Passat 2.0TDi.  My 59 plate example is now on 197,300 miles and had nothing spent on it between services up to 20,000 miles ago.  Even now, there's been nothing disastrous.  A comfortable place to sit during 35-40,000 miles a year.  45-50mpg, tows well as a further bonus.

All the magazines rave about Skoda Superb 170bhp diesels.  I've always thought this to be a rather large car but the latest generation Passats are trying to catch it up.  You could almost fit a Westy in the back!

Simon

Sort of on the Passat theme - but much better value for money - a SEAT Exeo  (Old shape Audi A4)

EG  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Seat-Exeo-2-0-TDI-DPF-Sport-Tech-ST-5dr-Diesel-Manual-139-g-km-141/282753047816?hash=item41d5651d08:g:R34AAOSw~vpaHlXM

Dave.

24 minutes ago, Davep1 said:

Sort of on the Passat theme - but much better value for money - a SEAT Exeo  (Old shape Audi A4)

EG  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Seat-Exeo-2-0-TDI-DPF-Sport-Tech-ST-5dr-Diesel-Manual-139-g-km-141/282753047816?hash=item41d5651d08:g:R34AAOSw~vpaHlXM

Dave.

Seat quite **** it up with this car...

From my prespective, is one of the few modern seats you should stay away.

Does the Passat Estate suggestion still hold up bearing in mind I want a Petol, not a Diesel?