Type 9 quick shift - Bent version

Stephen W

I don't think there is a 'produced' bent version, they're just made by the owners to suit their application. Mine is a Quaife quick shift with a nick cut out, bent and rewelded by my great mate Marto.  If you don't have a welder, just do the cut yourself in the right place then ask your local friendly body repairer to put a line of weld in it.

Quaife sell a bent one. 

Id rather not notch one for track use. 

Fair enough. Works fine for all those of us who have done it in the speed series if that alleviates your mind. They've taken more than their share of abuse over the years.

I actually think I might have a spare Quaife quick shift that has been modified in this way, I really can't see why it would be any weaker, surely the weld actually makes it stronger? Anyway, I'll post a pic if I can find it.

• 2 weeks later...

A good weld is as strong as the steel itself 

10 hours ago, terry everall said:

A good weld is as strong as the steel itself 

Problem is the steel is often not great. I've seen quite a few cut and rewelded gearsticks fracture at the weld site

Mines broke in a flat section of steel...

Welding was fine though.

If you want it rewelding I can get one of the panel beaters at work to do it for you. I work close to you and the beaters welding has to be tested every 6 months for BSI so they are good.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.