N YORKS THUNDER DAY AT ELVINGTON AIR MUSEUM. 29.04.18

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Great news.

I have been liaising with the air museum at Elvington near York following our last successful visit.

I have today received confirmation that we can attend the Thunder Day on Sunday 29th April.

This is a day when the museum starts various aircraft and runs their engines.

We will arrive before the museum opens and we will park within the historic vehicle area.

Our cars will then be on show.

Who fancies coming along with me.

All the paperwork has now been submitted to the museum.

The cost will be as follows.

The cost per car is £6 (including the driver and 1 passenger). Extra passengers are at £6.00 per adult and/or £4.00 per child.

This is a substantial saving.

I have confirmed with the museum that we will require hot food for dinner time which is between 12 and 2.00pm in the NAFFI.

We will arrive at the museum at 9.30am [30 minutes before museum officially opens] and we will then park up in the Historic Vehicle Area so our cars will be on display.

We will meet in the B@Q carpark on Hull Road in York at 9.00am and leave at 9.15am.  Postcode is YO103LE.

I will then collect everyones payment in an envelope and I will then hand this to the gateman at the museum. The museum is aware this is happening and it means we can just drive straight in and park. Can you please have the correct payment.

ATTENDING.

Geoffrey.

Ron.

Johno.

Bob.

Robin + 1.

Dave.

Andrew & Clare.

Julie & Glen.

Martyn & Sue.

Marcus + 3.

Dave.

Richard.

Des.

Malcolm and Di.

Jim.

Mathew.

Jason + 1.

Dave.

Roger and Judy.

Aaron.

Richard.

Andy + Dad.

That sounds fun! What time would people need to be there, and what time are they allowed to leave?

I still need to finalise times and return some paperwork but last year we arrived at 9.30am in convoy so they could get us in and park us up before the general public was allowed in at 10.00am.

I suggest we all meet in the B&Q carpark on Hull Road in York at 9.00am with a view to leaving at 9.20am.

Last visit we started to leave around 3.00pm from memory.

It was a good day out last time, could be interested along with anyone from Yorkshire.

Glen and I enjoyed this last time so we should be there again.

• Like 1

Would love to do this, and those sort of times make it practical from my end.

So pleased you can all come. :):t-up:

I will post up some details later about the museum itself. 

We really enjoyed the 'Thunder Day last year  -  count us in!

• 2 months later...

All the paperwork has now been submitted to the museum.

The cost will be as follows.

The cost per car is £6 (including the driver and 1 passenger). Extra passengers are at £6.00 per adult and/or £4.00 per child.

This is a substantial saving.

I have confirmed with the museum that we will require hot food for dinner time which is between 12 and 2.00pm in the NAFFI.

We will arrive at the museum at 9.30am [30 minutes before museum officially opens] and we will then park up in the Historic Vehicle Area so our cars will be on display.

We will meet in the B@Q carpark on Hull Road in York at 9.00am and leave at 9.15am.  Postcode is YO103LE.

I will then collect everyones payment in an envelope and I will then hand this to the gateman at the museum. The museum is aware this is happening and it means we can just drive straight in and park. Can you please have the correct payment.

Can you please confirm your attendance and I will update the first post.

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 18.47.05.png

Hi Geoffrey, I’d love to come to this so count me in.

However, I’m a little weather dependant as I still don’t have any wet weather gear and it won’t have arrived by then!!!

Cheers

Bob