Evening Campers....

Buzz Billsberry

As said, check the chassis plate yourself (under the bonnet) before parting with cash. Some dealers may have poor eyesight, and tell you what you want to hear!

And as I said earlier, double check what the rear of the chassis is made of. Its OK having it plated to legally tow 2000kg but its not if you cant have a suitable towbar fitted as there isn't anything substantial enough to attach it to. New motorhomes have to have type approved towbars as well so check this for the age of yours.

Pete - When I had my Apache 700 - my tow weight was fine for my westfield + trailer.        However your TVR is about twice the weight of a sprint Westfield .... +  trailer dead weight which may also be more for TVR

Hi all

Many thanks for the info and I do understand the weights and also with chassis picks for the tow bar so thanks for jogging the ole gray matter....and the Autotrail is out now! many thanks Mark/ARM you saved the day with that info..... the sales guy got his info. mixed up with the Elddis 180! Kno your product......just glad I didn’t put a deposit down...oh well onwards and upwards... Also on the look out for another trailer as the one the race car is on was built from girders and Iron brew and probably weighs more than a Motorhome :-) 

My Burstner is based on a twin axle transit tipper chassis is rated to tow 2T I had a custom made towbar made up with the chassis extensions replacing the lightweight original rear supports that extended from the original transit chassis, plus is also uprated to 4250 Kg so only able to be driven if your an older person or done an extended test to drive over 3500 when towing if your younger

if you are looking at a van based on Alko chassis they should be able to fit type approved, but anything large with rear dinner/bedroom etc. Extending over the rear axle will need chassis extensions