Oulton Park track day 10th April

Andrew

Myself and several acquaintances :) are looking to do Oulton Park with MSV on Tuesday 10th April. It's an open pitlane day, 105db. currently £199, but if there's enough interest there could be some discount available. Oulton is one of the more expensive circuits, so sub £200 is a good price for Oulton in April. I think they get a bit thin on the ground when the racing season kicks in too, as I believe they have noise restrictions on Sundays?

Oulton is a fantastic circuit if you've not tried it.

Let's know who's interested, then when we have an idea of numbers I'll see if any discount is negotiable. 

:sun:

5 minutes ago, chris parkin said:

Definitely up for this. 

Good man. 

• Haha 1

I need to sort my oil pressure and engine issues but if back on the road in time I’m up for it.

As per other thread provided my engine runs OK I could be up for this but I'll have to see closer to the time 

There should be me plus two or three..

Get those cars fixed.

Roll up roll up don't be shy. :t-up:

Possibly up for this if it doesn't interfere with me moving house. Can't confirm until I have a date.

It’s all about priorities Scott. Might try to get a Blyton day in beforehand. 

• Like 1

I’ll see how far it is for me. Might be a bit much to do in one (Long) day especially as my car lives on the trailer nose first in the garage with no real option to back the trailer in ready loaded. 

54 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I’ll see how far it is for me. Might be a bit much to do in one (Long) day especially as my car lives on the trailer nose first in the garage with no real option to back the trailer in ready loaded. 

I think you'd struggle to do it in one day. I can do it with a 5am start, but I think earlier than that would be a bit knackering. Having said that, I've done early starts where I haven't slept a wink, thinking I'm going to be dead, then after a session or two on track the adrenalin kicks in, and it's fine.

There's plenty of accommodation around the circuit for overnighters. They may even allow camping at the track if that's your thing.

Hi Chris

I live very close to oulton. I can suggest a good hotel with easy spacious parking if you need it. Happy to share a beer if you want to.

Cheers jon

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Even though I am less than an Hr away, I have stopped over a few time at two or three local hostilieries and they are well worth a visit.

Oulton also allow camping as Andrew has suggested.

I may even make it there myself on the day if I get my driveshafts/diff sorted in time.

After all I only have three months!!! :laugh:

Andrew

I am a strong possible for this  car availability my only limitation....

Cheers Jon 

• Sad 1

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman locked this topic