Westfield Price guide

m1kew

Good Afternoon

I'm Hoping you guys can help me out

I'm currently looking for a westfield with approximately 180+ bhp , from looking around the site I think ive narrowed my search to a Duratec or s2000 engine car "most likely the duratec due to price" unless there's any other engines recommended

The car will mainly be used on road with the odd track day.

Price wise am I right in thinking ?

Duratec = 8k-15k approx

S2000 = 12-22k approx

I did see this that I would be 100% interested in but don't know if it is actually sold or not , I cant seem to type on the thread.

Is there any recommendations to help me on my search?

Mike

Edited by m1kew

Probably 10k up for a duratec, although if you "only" want 180bhp, don't rule out a zetec.

1 hour ago, m1kew said:

I did see this that I would be 100% interested in but don't know if it is actually sold or not , I cant seem to type on the thread.

Only paid up members can respond to Member's ads. If you are serious about buying a Westy - the membership fee will pay you back in no time!

29 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Only paid up members can respond to Member's ads. If you are serious about buying a Westy - the membership fee will pay you back in no time!

Can't argue with that, there is a wealth of information on this plus the ability to private message sellers and you'll get put in contact with your local Area Organiser so you can go and see cars and talk to owners :yes:

:ww: by the way! Happy to have you with us.

Thanks For the welcome , ideally I wanted to source a car before paying full club fees but I'm happy to get a trial membership if it will allow me access to the sales boards to buy ?

Does anyone know if the black duratec is still up for sale ? 

Cheers & look forward to going to some club meets 

I Bought my car less than a year ago but joined up here first ,I figured when I was looking at spending 10k plus for a car that the joining fee would be money well spent.and I could check a few things out ,meet a few members ,go to a couple of meets and see a few cars .

Youll not get better advice than what’s on offer here ,I new very little just that I had wanted one for years ,I had been to loads of shows but new nothing about engines,suspension ,brakes etc if I hadn’t joined and asked a load of questions I wouldn’ be the proud owner of a 240 bhp Zetec engined FW car on throttle bodies ,that growls and spits flames and is such a rush to drive .

• Like 1

Personally I would get along to a local meet.

There is a lot to research on these cars before buying.  A lot of other items can influence the price as well as engine.

If you are not in a rush I would try and wait until Stoneleigh in May.

Good luck searching

David

Depends on what you need as opposed to what you think you need IMHO...

if you haven't been in or more importantly, driven a 7 type car yet, then don't get hung up on bhp....

A well set up car with 'only' 150bhp can often be more than a match for more powerful units.....it's one thing having big numbers power wise, but is the car set up well enough to use it? Obviously a lot is dependant on what the use is....if you want a track or hill climb competitive car then that will make a difference.

what I would say is the westfield driving experience 'package' is much more than just engine bhp and sitting 6 inches above the deck struggling to breath at >80 mph gives the sort of smiles per miles well in excess of luxurious super cars worth ten times as much money, let alone anything else.

get along to a local meet when the weather improves a bit.  There will be people only too happy to take you out in their cars and if you can wait until Stoneleigh in the spring, that would be ideal advice, as already suggested.

Mart. 

5 hours ago, m1kew said:

Good Afternoon

I'm Hoping you guys can help me out

I'm currently looking for a westfield with approximately 180+ bhp , from looking around the site I think ive narrowed my search to a Duratec or s2000 engine car "most likely the duratec due to price" unless there's any other engines recommended

The car will mainly be used on road with the odd track day.

Price wise am I right in thinking ?

Duratec = 8k-15k approx

S2000 = 12-22k approx

Is there any recommendations to help me on my search?

Mike

For this sort of powers... you can consider very tuned zetecs despite being Very tuned they are highly reliable and cheap and easy to mantain and rebuild, and vauxal redtops... (C20XE) that are bulletproof...

And there is a powerfull roadgoing redtop in the "for sale" section that despite is no longer for sale... you could potentially persuade the owner...

Hi

I can only echo the above posts. I was in your position a year ago and what a journey it's been. I started off by joining the club website and spent many hours researching and talking to other members. One member in particular drove to my house so I could drive his Westfield, I visited another and spent a few hours discussing options. It's very difficult not to jump straight in but it's well worth it. All members I spoke to were very down to earth and never talked down at me. Everything you need to know about Westfield's is on this site. Good luck. 

I ended up with a 2L duratec, wow smile every time....

4 hours ago, m1kew said:

Thanks For the welcome , ideally I wanted to source a car before paying full club fees but I'm happy to get a trial membership if it will allow me access to the sales boards to buy ?

Hi Mike, welcome to the site.

If you would like some advice from someone very new to Westfields, here’s mine..

I’m a tight arsed Yorkshireman so paying fees for anything really goes against the grain, if I can find a way of getting owt for nowt, without taking the p**s, I will. But I have to admit paying the full club membership has paid for itself more than a few times for me. I have bought and sold cars and parts on here, also been offered cars that weren’t advertised yet and been given loads of advice from more than helpful members that seem more than willing to bend over backwards for you. Stuff you won’t get on FB forums. I’ve been offered meets and runs out.. I’m not a people person so the club thing and meets etc. Is a tall ask for me, but I will one day.. 

My renewal has just come up and to be honest my first reaction was my default setting of “naa, don’t waste money”  but then I thought about what I had gained from it over the past year and decided it is worth joining for another year. The magazine alone may be worth the fee if you like that sort of thing. I must admit, I’m a picture browser with a short attention span, so it doesn’t do that much for me, but my grandson likes it :) Personally I’d like some nice club stickers without a date on them.. out of date stickers upset my OCD :d .

If you are serious about getting into Westfields then, although it pains me to say it, you could do a lot worse than join the owners club. You will find all you need to know and may, like myself, find the perfect car for you.

You May find the forum a little frustrating at times because it doesn’t seem to be often used. But hey.. people have lives and don’t bob on and off forums like some do on FB for example but you will find the best advice and for sales etc. are here.

Good luck.

• Like 5

Hi

Join the club and enjoy it..for the price fantastic value and great fun.. and not much to pay for all of the help and advice you get..in fact good value for advice already given!

1 hour ago, Jim G said:

Hi Mike, welcome to the site.

If you would like some advice from someone very new to Westfields, here’s mine..

I’m a tight arsed Yorkshireman so paying fees for anything really goes against the grain, if I can find a way of getting owt for nowt, without taking the p**s, I will. But I have to admit paying the full club membership has paid for itself more than a few times for me. I have bought and sold cars and parts on here, also been offered cars that weren’t advertised yet and been given loads of advice from more than helpful members that seem more than willing to bend over backwards for you. Stuff you won’t get on FB forums. I’ve been offered meets and runs out.. I’m not a people person so the club thing and meets etc. Is a tall ask for me, but I will one day.. 

My renewal has just come up and to be honest my first reaction was my default setting of “naa, don’t waste money”  but then I thought about what I had gained from it over the past year and decided it is worth joining for another year. The magazine alone may be worth the fee if you like that sort of thing. I must admit, I’m a picture browser with a short attention span, so it doesn’t do that much for me, but my grandson likes it :) Personally I’d like some nice club stickers without a date on them.. out of date stickers upset my OCD :d .

If you are serious about getting into Westfields then, although it pains me to say it, you could do a lot worse than join the owners club. You will find all you need to know and may, like myself, find the perfect car for you.

You May find the forum a little frustrating at times because it doesn’t seem to be often used. But hey.. people have lives and don’t bob on and of forums like some do on FB for example but you will find the best advice and for sales etc. are here.

Good luck.

Thats the joy of a club like this. It caters for as little or for as much as you want. A club is , as a whole, what you put in, you get out again and more. I found , even though been here longer than most, that my recent car build and advice from here, actually built my car and saved me more money than the annual premium. I fade away from here, when I sell my cars , but always seem to come back for more. It also is a good place to help others in exchange for others helping you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, m1kew said:

A “paid extended trial” will give you full access and allow you to reply to the post etc.

The seller of that car hasn’t been on the forum since August so no idea if it has been sold.

Take your time when looking for a car and definitely a good idea to get along to a local meet.

12 hours ago, Jim G said:

My renewal has just come up and to be honest my first reaction was my default setting of “naa, don’t waste money”  but then I thought about what I had gained from it over the past year and decided it is worth joining for another year.

One important thing to remember come renewal time is that should you decide to not renew then you must inform your insurance company. You may have a significant discount that REQUIRES club membership. 

This alone often makes the fee worthwhile!

• Like 1