Safe storage of wind deflectors

yellow perilous

I managed to ruin a good set of wind deflectors last summer during a tour of Scotland, the weather was fairly inclement which meant the side screens were well used and the wind deflectors were stored behind the unoccupied passenger seat. By the time I returned from Scotland the wind deflectors were badly scratched and scuffed. I've now made a two compartment soft fabric bag to store the new deflectors in which hopefully will stop the scuffing.

Has anyone got any good storage solutions for the deflectors both in the car and when not in use in the garage?

My spare pair are encased in bubble-wrap.  Cheap and easy.

I made padded bags for mine. I keep them in the boot box when the side screens are in use. At home they live in their bags in the spare bedroom along with hood and doors 

I had similar thoughts about what to do with them when not in use so I rigged up a support for wind deflectors or side screens on the garage wall,I used a few bits of spare timber and couple of hinges. To support the screens or deflectors I purchased four female mounts. 

The pictures show it with the side screens attached, I've hinged it so that when the with the wind deflectors attached I have it flat to the wall but with the side screens attached I open it up 90 degrees so that the side screens are flat to the wall.

I know the pics are not brilliant but I hope they give you an idea of what I've done.

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

• Like 1