Your ideal none westfield track car

TAFKARM

I've always wanted a car derived van with an engine conversion (a mate had a 300bhp Astramax, it was ace) or a stripped out E46 Touring.

I’ve always fancied a Zcars mini Monte Carlo .

it would have to be supercharged obviously.

I had a saxo vts when I was a youf. It was a right blast on the limit. Everyone told me not to buy it they were rubbish French. But I owned it for 5 years and it never let me down once and I hammered it everywhere. I'd go back to one now. Cheap to run and you stay dry when it rains:d

4 hours ago, RussH said:

I've always wanted a car derived van with an engine conversion (a mate had a 300bhp Astramax, it was ace) or a stripped out E46 Touring.

Uh oh just found this round the corner...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-track-car-V50-AWD-Manual-Very-Rare-road-legal/332502450959?hash=item4d6ab0c30f:g:NNsAAOSwcj1aN9kh

E46 touring is where my head's at. Or of course the ultimate track hack inspired by @AdamR, the mighty mx5, and now we've got two I can confirm they are awesome. A turbo or supercharged one would probably be perfect.

I loved my pug 106. Had a full Pug Sport tarmac suspension and transmission package on it. Only ran c. 160bhp with a Longman built lump but it was really well balanced and so much fun on track. Should never have sold that car.....I’d have one again as it was also quite easy to work on.

23 hours ago, RussH said:

I have a pal that tracked, then raced ( and crashed ) a VW Caddy van. I'm sure it was responsible for damaging a multitude of egos on track! :d

My son is a Honda bod. He's raced a B16 Civic then B18, and now a K20 CRX. Tbh, I wouldn't look any further than something K20 powered. 260bhp is available fairly easily. Bung it in an old Civic or CRX and you have a potent machine. :t-up:

Money no object 46 m3 that's fully track specced. IE major weight loss needed. (I had road going one) they go so well. 

I love to try a sorted spec c scooby they seem right up my alley. (Was the lightweight from factory) 

Clio sport for the cheap option. Cheap enough now not to care to much. Smash around all day.

I've often wondered what a trike would be like (I always liked the Grinnall Scorpion). Are they allowed on regular track days? I've never seen one

I imagine a reverse trike might handle better than a normal trike. But not my idea of fun. As an ex biker I always figured trikes had all the disadvantages of bikes mixed with all the disadvantages of cars!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I imagine a reverse trike might handle better than a normal trike. But not my idea of fun. As an ex biker I always figured trikes had all the disadvantages of bikes mixed with all the disadvantages of cars!

The old Morgan three wheelers used to lap quite impressively at Oulton Park, when I watched  them in support races at different events. But as you say, they were two wheels at the front, one at the back style. They were also quite compact, and compared to the current Morgan, I believe, very light.

HOWEVER, would you want to be on a track day with tin tops in something like that, makes even a Westfield look a paragon of safety! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bike engined Smart Car.   Seen one at Woodbridge a few years ago, did struggle around corners and front wheels lifted when under full throttle.