This Years Highs and Lows Of The Westie

Thrustyjust

Highlights - buying the xtr2, arriving at the factory and discovering it wasn’t in as bad condition as you thought, getting it MOT’d and realising the xtr2 is awesome.

Lowlight - Engine letting go on the back straight at snetterton.

Highlight- going to Le Man with two great friends. Did an amazing 1200 miles in a week. My Westie behaved impeccably!

lowlights- would love to get out more in Westie, tricky with family commitments. 

• Like 1

Highlight - managing to fully re build my car after doing a near full strip down of it

Lowlight - slipping clutch all the way round scotland, wheels coming off

• Like 1

on the high side-- My car and my very agressive driving style  are now famous, and I've apeared in the media and in the Westy calendar...

On the low side-- My very agressive driving style... that makes me appear in the media and in the calendar OFF the track...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hightlight - Getting this 20 something year old beasty cleanly through yet another MOT and getting out on the road earlier this year.

Lowlight - Being unable to drive it due to having to keep the daily driver outside my garage under my CCTV at all times. The new renters down the street have been playing silly games with the parking (they have 7 cars and rented a house with NO parking), damaging peoples cars, setting neighbours of against each other and even sent hoodied thugs around to damage my daily driver after realising they'd been caught on CCTV tampering with mine and my neighbours windscreen wipers. Westy may have to go SORN until I can move house.

Highlight - Buying and building my Westfield in the hope that I can make it go round corners

Lowlight - Breaking my Corvette C6 when I couldn't encourage it to go round a corner ( I know, the're not supposed to)

Highlights - Progressing some more on my Westfield build 

Low lights - Not having enough time to do more work on the Westie than I have thus far. Planned to have the engine running by the end of 2017...didn't happen.:(