Wanted Westfield Anti Roll bar

Nic Surry

Wanted Front Anti Roll bar kit ,I have wide track front suspension but I think standard antiroll bar will fit if anyone can confirm otherwise would be appreciated?

It depends what you mean by standard. 

The Sport Turbo bar fits but some angles aren’t great. The in-board anti roll bar was designed to work with wide track fitted, but I find it way too stiff for normal road use. The original start arb, the adjustable one, does not fit properly though, it was designed for narrow track. (It will just about work under a small range of suspension travel over a small range of adjustability, but not recommended)

hi @Nic Surry, I've just removed a 2 year old factory sport turbo wide track bar from my car as I''ve upgraded to an adjustable item. I was planning to put if for sale in the new year and haven't taken any pics yet, however it's in good condition with light surface rust in a few places you'd expect on the non powder coated parts. I'm looking for £125 + postage.

It mounts to the rear of the front top wishbone and no body work is required to be cut to fit it.

The pics are from when the car was built.

front roll bar mount.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_3426.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

@Nic Surry, I've just noticed that you're building a bike engined car and I'm not sure my bar is the best one for you! Others use a softer bar due to the lower engine weight. I'll leave you to research and there will be plenty of knowledgeable BEC folk on here to advise.

On 29/12/2017 at 09:45, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

@Nic Surry, I've just noticed that you're building a bike engined car and I'm not sure my bar is the best one for you! Others use a softer bar due to the lower engine weight. I'll leave you to research and there will be plenty of knowledgeable BEC folk on here to advise.

Hi I was not aware there was a lighter weight Roll bar more suitable for a bike engines car I take the bar you have for sale is from a car engine westy

19 hours ago, Nic Surry said:

Hi I was not aware there was a lighter weight Roll bar more suitable for a bike engines car I take the bar you have for sale is from a car engine westy

Hi Nic, yes mine is off my Honda S2000 powered Westie. 

I'd still suggest you talk to the Westfield factory, Siltech or Playskool and seek advice on what's best for you. I'll gladly sell you mine if you want it, but I'd not want to sell you something that wasn't right for you.

• 2 weeks later...

HI @Nic Surry have you had chance to check if this is suitable for you?

I'm surprised none of the bike engined owners haven't commented yet.:)

Hi thanks I have managed to get a front and rear bar that fits with the wide track they came off a Megabusa so hopefully ok.Thanks

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nic Surry said:

Hi thanks I have managed to get a front and rear bar that fits with the wide track they came off a Megabusa so hopefully ok.Thanks

Glad you're sorted. For other BEC's, I've spoken with Siltech and they did experiment with different bars for BEC and they've found there standard bar with it being adjustable, is suitable for both BEC & CEC. CEC will typically have the bar stiffer than BEC. 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.