Compression tester

Scotty72

Anyone local to Nottingham got a compression tester I can borrow? If not, can you recommend a decent one that's not too expensive.

Scott

Is it for an S2000, I only ask, as they’re quite deep set spark plugs, so it would need to be reasonably long reach.

Never tried mine on the Honda! (Won’t get a chance to till next week either, I’m afraid). Mine was OK on the deep set XE plugs on my previous engine, so I suspect might be a alright.

It's tricky to get the hose to screw in square and you don't want to strip the threads in the head :cry:

I just tightened it by hand as best I could.

I'm in Derby..I have  one you can borrow.....or drive over and we can check it 'while you wait'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trevturtle said:

I'm in Derby..I have  one you can borrow.....or drive over and we can check it 'while you wait'

Cheers. I'll take you up on that offer :t-up:

When is convenient for me to pop over?

Is it worth checking and adjusting the valve clearances first before you do a compression check

1 hour ago, rjc4176 said:

Is it worth checking and adjusting the valve clearances first before you do a compression check

Possibly, that's a bit beyond my capabilities though. 

23 hours ago, Scotty72 said:

Cheers. I'll take you up on that offer :t-up:

When is convenient for me to pop over?

Does next Saturday work for you?.... we can move if it's raining

19 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

It's fairly easy. See attached.

valve clearance.pdf

I can confirm on it not being difficult, but you will need bent feelers for the inlet ones as its a real ball ache to get round the inlet manifold. If I had thought about it, I should have done it before putting in the car as would be a so much easier. 

1 hour ago, Thrustyjust said:

I can confirm on it not being difficult, but you will need bent feelers for the inlet ones as its a real ball ache to get round the inlet manifold. If I had thought about it, I should have done it before putting in the car as would be a so much easier. 

Didn’t ‘operation yewtree’ Lock up all the Bent Feelers :p

I now  recall I did mine with the engine on a stand with no manifolds so didn’t have this issue :yes:

• Haha 1