zei220

1.3 xflow in the eleven?

Dave, Thanks for the offer, but my chassis isnt here yet, but can you measure the engine for me, please?  overall height and height from crank centre to highest point and lowest point would help a lot. Also if you are interested in selling?

Regards

dave

I will do measurements this weekend for you. If you want me to ask Westfield if they have ever fitted a x flow into a X1 I can ask when i'm there on friday. Yes I would sell it but it has had a lead free head and a rebore and acrank grind it stands me at £350 for engine and recon'd type 3 gearbox. 

Spoke to Ian at Westfield today and he said he had never put a Crossflow in a 1X but recons it would be a  nice mod if it was to be done. His fear was the same as mine being the oil filler but that could be moved to the bach of the engine easily. From the crank to the top of the rocker is 13" and crank to bottom of sump was 7" on the 1300. Modifying the sump and rocker cover is easy. Hope that helps. 

Just a thought...

Dry sump crossflow will be much pricier than a rebuilt A Series, surely?  Do be careful to stay in the guidelines of the DVLA major components.  Details are here:

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/rebuilt-vehicles

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/kitconverted-vehicles

I understand the DVLA are really tightening up in this area, and are liberally dishing out Q plates!

Cheers

Jon

Indeed, a Q plate could well be an unintended consequence of fitting a crossflow, or any non Midget engine.