Any bikers on here?

Deanspoors

I'm looking for a new toy, now my Westfield has been adequately tinkered with. I previously had a GSXR750 K7 which I loved, but found myself riding a little too fast on it at the time so sold it for a kit car instead. I'm now sort of missing the adrenaline rush of a motorbike and have found myself looking at getting something new. The girlfriend lives 50mins away on traffic filled roads, so my poor reasoning says I could get there a lot quicker on a bike and save myself a lot of time and petrol. As mentioned, my last bike was a sports bike and although it was a lot of fun on the fast twisties the riding position wasn't the most comfortable. I'd like to go for something different to what I've previously had with more of an upright seating position. I've been eyeing up the new Husqvarna 701 Supermoto or a KTM 1290 R Superduke, very different bikes to eachother, but both look like a lot of fun in their own way. has anyone on here had any experiences with either bike, or can recommend a similar bike from their experiences?

Cheers,

Dean :)

@Madda has ktm might be able to offer some insight. 

Always fancied a super duke myself and would also recommend the 690 duke, which is an absolute hoot. But no more bikes for me as I’ve ran out out of donor ligaments :oops:

Save your life and get a new girlfriend round the corner :d

Seriously, bikes are a buzz, but hearing a mate describe how his neighbour just came off his bike and has both arms in casts and how he bum wipes , is just quite frightening on if it goes wrong. Its not usually the bike riders at fault ( other than speed) but people not realising you are there or how quickly you are heading towards them. 

I’m a retired biker as well, sold my last one, an Aprilia RSV in favour of the Westfield mainly because I just stopped enjoying it and felt that I had too many commitments to family and staff to end up breaking myself. To date I haven’t missed it and really don’t think I’ll be having another.

I've been riding beemers for over 3 decades so...

K1200S/K1300S? My next bike will be one of these. I have a 42 mile commute up the north circ and A1 to the office and my current K1200RS has been doing this perfectly for 5 years. On a normal morning the journey is 30 - 45 mins quicker on the bike. But I was a despatch rider in London for 20 years so slicing and dicing through the traffic is second nature :oops: 

Had a play on the 701sm great fun for quick blat around the lanes but that’s about it, seats a bit on the firm side for a long run. 

Thanks, guys.

I do agree with the dangerous comments, but I've been riding beforehand for 5 or so years without injury or incident, everything we do comes with some risk, I'm not about to wrap myself up somewhere in cotton wool just yet, maybe once kids appear!

I'll check out the K1200S/1300S Blatman, thanks.

And thanks Glenbo, I'll have to have a ride of the 701sm to see how it fairs on the old knackers, I don't plan on doing any long jaunts , so may not be such an issue.

I'm the same . My last bike was a buell. ...not a high top speed but always made me smile.  I changed to a Westfield for same reasons and thinking you don't mend as quicklycat 50+. 

Not  regretted the change .  Great club and people... I just get fatter because of too many cakes:p

• Haha 1

If you are looking at beemers and superdukes I’d take a good look at the s1000r. My brother has one and it’s a superb bit of kit.

Seriously quick, handles brilliantly and is a lot of fun. 

Another bike I've stumbled across is the Triumph Street Triple 765 RS, not too dissimilar from my previous GSXR, but with really good online reviews, bike of the year awards from MCN, Biketrader, etc. it's a hard one to ignore, so another bike to add to the test ride list :)

I'm not a biker,but my bruv in law is.

He's currently got a Kawasaki Z1000,says it's a really great fun bike with plenty of power.

He went over to this after riding his MV Agusta way to fast ???