Westfield AIM dash

Rednop1

I love it. 

Mine was not from factory so needed a bit of effort to get everything reading correctly.

Downside is lack of analogue inputs (only 4). But as most of the info comes in via CAN from ECU, for me that was plenty. 

Overall it’s a class but if kit. Feels “expensive” and exudes quality when you pick it up out of the box. 

Plenty of configurable options too with a lot of nice warnings available to program in along with the CAN inputs from ECU such as pressures and temps etc. 

Highly recommend. 

Excellent thanks chris how accurate does it read?

As ive found that the  dash2 reads what ever it wants depending on which way the wind is blowing and less than waterproof

I'm contemplating buying one due to their use by a number of Westfield owners but been told a good alternative is from Plex due to the excellent anti glare screen and ability to rear 256 odd lines of data from an ecu.

I might get along to autosport to have a proper look.

I would buy from aim direct as they are much cheaper than Westfield even when they did the black Friday 20% off.

13 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

As ive found that the  dash2 reads what ever it wants depending on which way the wind is blowing and less than waterproof

Hi Ash, if you go the RT route, I'll gladly help you get stable readings. The standard factory config file can be improved on.

11 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

You need good earth feeds. 

Initually I had a few dodgy analogue readings from the fuel sender as well as no readings from the speedo, but once I supplied a proper earth direct from each sender to the dash loom it’s been spot on. My fuel gauge is actually telling me the truth between 6-28 litres according to how much I need to fill up. Below that my sender bottoms out prematurely so no fault of the dash! The speedo also matches my gps perfectly. 

The rest is just a repeat of whatever the ECU tells it. 

thanks for the offer of help Ian but I think the dash2 design is a bit dated now so I think the only way to go is with the aim setup   

• Like 1

If I was building my car again I'd fit mechanical oil pressure and oil temp gauges. Don't get affected by water and give more reliable and accurate readings 

52 minutes ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

I'm contemplating buying one due to their use by a number of Westfield owners but been told a good alternative is from Plex due to the excellent anti glare screen and ability to rear 256 odd lines of data from an ecu.

I might get along to autosport to have a proper look.

I would buy from aim direct as they are much cheaper than Westfield even when they did the black Friday 20% off.

Tim where have you seen them much cheaper for sale ?

17 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

Tim where have you seen them much cheaper for sale ?

AIM direct, if I remember correctly their website said £900 which was about 30% lower than WF.

www.aimshop.com

Speak to Luke @Plays-Kool he did me a great deal.

As above can be a bit fussy with the analogues IF you use the Westfield loom. I used separate wiring for the fuel level and was spot on and stable.

I'd suggest getting the one without the light symbols then you can use the warning lights for whatever you want.

The Can bus input was very simple to set up. No issues with glare in the sun.

A very nice bit of kit. I had a dash2 before and would choose the aim everytime now. Although I do believe RT were working on a new full colour display but if/when it's due I don't know.

Be worth a chat with Luke at Plays Kool, does the full range of them and loads of experience in different ways of configuring.

I like mine, so much better than the RT Dash 2. Cannot say for certain regarding the AI accuracy as I run all my sensors through my DTA ECU and then Canbus it to the Dash, I can say this way is very reliable and accurate. I have confirmed the water/oil temp sensors are within ~1deg comparing it to a thermoprobe. I have used the AIM dash AI for the fuel tank sensor but need to slow down the feedback as it currently changes with every bump in the road. One thing I would suggest would be to go for the non-road led dash as the ones on the road dash aren't really useful for IVA applications. I have seen a prototype dash configuration where AIM plan on integrating the warning symbols into the screen, this will however require an additional AI module as the dash only has 4 inputs. All in all, I'd say its the best dash for the price on the market.

Plus if you'd like track times, but don't need a whole logging setup or your ECU can log like mine, then with the MXS you can buy the GPS module and record track times/splits/etc that way.