Peak District Blaze Farm Ice Cream Run, Sat 23rd Dec, 10.00am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Here we go, third time lucky, meet on Saturday 23rd December at 10 am, Sainsburys, Cawdor Way, Matlock, DE4 3SP, in the nice warm, dry cafe. 

****EDITED - MEET AT ARTIST CORNER CAR PARK  supermarket is not a good place to be 2 days before xmas *****

We will go on this wonderfully scenic high route, one way in parts and with views over the reservoirs, that I have planned, arriving at Blaze Ice Cream Farm for lunchtime. We will have lunch followed by some of that Baileys Ice Cream with Chocolate Swirls that they are currently promoting.

Erm, cringe, whisper....weather permitting.

Not sure at the moment. Delayed pulling the car apart, with the plan of trying to start that week and do it while I’m off. So in theory, I won’t be mobile that weekend.

• Sad 1

No from me :down:.. my car is in bits

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Blimey, the forecast is saying a balmy 10 degrees for next Saturday. For those don't that don't speak Peak District language, that means it will be just above freezing on the tops of Buxton.

On 09/12/2017 at 19:20, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Here we go, third time lucky, meet on Saturday 23rd December at 10 am, Sainsburys, Cawdor Way, Matlock, DE4 3SP, in the nice warm, dry cafe. 

We will go on this wonderfully scenic high route, one way in parts and with views over the reservoirs, that I have planned, arriving at Blaze Ice Cream Farm for lunchtime. We will have lunch followed by some of that Baileys Ice Cream with Chocolate Swirls that they are currently promoting.

Erm, cringe, whisper....weather permitting.

Is anyone going? Is it still on?

I hope to 

Yes this is still on. I am going to change the meeting point though, because meeting at a supermarket 2 days before xmas is not a nice thing to do. So we will meet at The Artist Corner Car Park, Matlock, DE4 3PS, still at 10am.

The car park is on your left as you come out of Matlock towards Matlock Bath, just after you have gone under the railway bridge. The toilets will be open.

Hope that is ok with you @Scotty72 and @IanK (Bagpuss)

MEET AT ARTISTS CORNER, MATLOCK 10AM sorry for shouting and see you there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

MEET AT ARTISTS CORNER, MATLOCK 10AM sorry for shouting and see you there.

Don't worry, we used to you shouting directions at us which we ignore :d

• Haha 2

It's foggy and damp here, but I'm still heading out :d

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

It's foggy and damp here, but I'm still heading out :d

Me too...... See you at 10.00

• Like 2

Saw you coming down Slack on your way back home. I waved but was in the tin top so you may not have recognised me. Have a great Christmas.

Luke.

• Like 1

Honda Fever hit the Peak District today, first Scott arrived in his S2000 engined car

DSC02647.JPG

Soon to be followed by Ian in his S2000 engined car

DSC02648.JPG

with Paul and Pat in the GT86 and my decidedly small Zetec, that made 4 cars, not bad for 2 days before Christmas. Don't mention the wonky parking:d.

DSC02646.JPG

A Tesla, I think a Model S, with a number plate TESSLA, silently pulled into the car park and waved at us. This ex-Lotus 7 owner had just driven up from London and was breaking his journey with a visit to the Peak District, needless to say, he loved our cars. I am sure he loved our noise as we roared past him too (he was parked, I don't mean overtaking him).

We wiggled our way up some lovely, empty country roads until we found the bank of fog. I was reconsidering todays route in my head and suddenly, we were back in sunshine, so I stuck with the original plan. Out of Buxton and then I slowed the whole thing down, so we could enjoy the views, then it was up the one way road and on to the ice cream farm. It was here where Scott and Ian had a 'who can have the dirtiest car' competition. Honestly, did you guys somehow drive on a different road to me?

DSC02651.JPG

DSC02652.JPG

Blaze Ice Cream Farm, including one relatively clean Westfield.

DSC02650.JPG

The main objective of the day was to eat ice cream, so after lunch we all excitedly decided which flavour we were going to have. Scott couldn't decide, so he went for the double cone and had 2 flavours, clever man. I chose the Baileys Ice Cream and I got the same hit at the back of my mouth that you get when you drink Baileys, luscious.

DSC02657.JPG

When we came back out, a lot of the fog had lifted.

DSC02668.JPG

Ian was quick to ask if this is where the Westfield XI is kept

DSC02664.JPG

Decisions, decisions, and this is only half of the range on offer.

DSC02656.JPG

The festive Little Donkey

DSC02661.JPG

Look at me, I am a cute depositor of detritus.

DSC02659.JPG

As we dropped down off the tops, we drove back into sunshine, which made for a pretty route home back via Cromford, where we all divided up. Home, that is, in time to get the car washed before the light faded, 'before all that muck dries on' says Glen.

Thanks for coming everyone, I hope you have enjoyed the roads as much as we have and hope to see you all again soon :t-up:.

• Like 6