In car intercoms

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

17 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

These are the intercoms I recommend. They worked great for our trip to Le Mans in the summer and could have been even better If I'd taken the tiny charging lead with us! :cry:

One set out of the 3 went flat after a few days but with reduced air time we still managed to keep the other 2 sets working until returning home.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-1200M-BT-Interphone-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Bluetooth-Helmet-Intercom-FM-Headset-/192301586955?hash=item2cc6115a0b

@Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO I'll gladly share build details etc. Though you may have to 'squeak' about this weeks Omex tweaks?

Thanks for this, I just bought a set of these to make travelling to track days with my mate a bit more interesting. Hour and a half of braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap is a bit boring. These are also best offer and he takes £20 :yes: bargain 

• Like 1

@IanK (Bagpuss) thanks for that Ian can't go wrong at that money .I spent a fortune in my starcom unit and it's just not very good .my original autocom system was excellent but packed up so it's definitely time to go wireless

Thanks Martin

• Like 1

I've got a set in my lid too!

I have the same set as ian there great for the money. Especially when the people your travelling with have vtec that's all you can hear lol. But on a serious note there great when travelling alone also you can use your phone and listen to music 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I made a pair today, they were easy to make and the sound quality exceeded my expectations. I've not had the chance to test the range on the road but around the house they are very good, thanks for the information on how to make them

P1010826.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just to revive this thread: last week i ordered the bits and pieces to make up a pair of headset intercoms.

Tested them out with @CosKev this week on a spirited drive around Shropshire b roads including a trip over the Long Mynd "Berway" road.

As others have found the comms quality was very good and made for an interesting drive with chatting rather than the usual "follow the leader" .

Thanks to @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO for sharing details etc.

20200510_144302.thumb.jpg.abcc5172e20d426b61ad91da716b2056.jpg

• Like 6