Anyone fancy a reshell project...

Jitterbug

Interesting that the only comment is "Bonnet Jammed". It will be snapped up by TVR Glen and back for sale very soon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TVR glen will simply polish the damage out, including the (possibly) bent chassis.

Is "bonnet-jammed" an :arse: covering way of saying there's lots of scary damage under there that we don't want to talk about!

To my mind the buyer is bidding on an engine, gearbox and differential. Most unlikely that the chassis will still be usable without a lot of straightening and rebuilding.

And I can't get my head round why they are charging vat on the successful bid, and selling without any keys. Unless of course the seller is an insurance company, but even then, why no ignition keys? 

"no keys guv, so we couldn't test the engine, bought as seen guv!"

• Haha 1

So in conclusion... This should be in the external ads section :d

Just now, RussH said:

So in conclusion... This should be in the external ads section :d

It most certainly should, good point Russ. (That's the peril of using the "Unread Content" button! You loose track of where stuff is posted.

Moving it now...

All moved.

That’s a cat B so would have to be rechassied and Iva 

As the exhaust manifold has been ripped off then there may be head issues with brackets broken off or even worse the chassis will have definitely twisted looking at the wishbone damage, the more you look at it there looks more telltale issues the rear just looks as though the wheel has been ripped off but the rear anti roller brace is kinked.

Could be a good opportunity or a total shed either way you need to have a licence unless you use coparts facility to break it

I believe the car spun on ice on M62 and hit the armco a few weeks ago, guy was OK so presumably claimed on insurance

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

"no keys guv, so we couldn't test the engine, bought as seen guv!"

Its a Westie. Join 2 wires and spark the red and white and off you go................... I would wonder if a sump is still on it anyway. Would be a good project. Suspect a cosworth engine under there possibly judging by the exhaust,which has been pulled forward. Has damage on the rollbar where it meets the top panel. Judging by the grass in it and the black marks, probably went backwards into the tyres pretty hard on a trackday or something similar. Still has an MOT until June and only 6.5k miles on the MOT then. Seems to not done many miles for a few years , so probably old tyres etc.

its a cosworth turbo

Does look as though exhaust has pulled forward looking at the new shape of the exhaust outlet in the body  its also sheared the turbo off the engine if you look through the hole you can see the solenoid actuator rod

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.