Carbs to Throttle bodies cost

MarkS2

1 hour ago, 1960dave said:

You are welcome to come over and see where im up to with my ideas

Thanks for the offer Dave will let you know :yes:

52 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

When we converted @Captain Colonial s car from Webers to injection, it took at least 25man hours just over the weekend, plus plenty more in preparation. You could easily be charged 30hours at £40 plus VAT for the conversion, so although £1500 sounds a lot at first, for a quality job, it probably isn't. Of course, most of us here would go DIY and hence you can save a huge amount potentially.

For DIY, bike throttles are fantastic, but if paying for all of the work, best to discuss your options with the garage really.

Yes understood but either way I think you guys have helped me out with lots of cheaper options, including some nice PM's thanks guys. 

I will update everything on here once I finally get the conversion done, but will most likely have some more questions before then :d

5 hours ago, MarkS2 said:

Thanks guys, this is sounding good.

Chris is your kit on an XE or zetec?

Mine is a Zetec. But the principle is the same :)

9 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Mine is a Zetec. But the principle is the same :)

Thanks Chris,

What is your throttle response / driveability like and cold starting? I.e. do you recommend the Dan at/bike throttle body route?

They have a good name ref bike TB's

but if I was doing this with what you already have I would buy an ecu and set of Jenveys 

Mark, I recommend contacting NMS @Northampton Motorsport for a realistic quote with guarantee of excellent results right through to a mapped car. You could supply as much or as little of the hardware as you want. In the grand scheme, the cost of trailering to Northampton from Manchester is small- @I H Freelance Services can help if you don't have a trailer.

Mark my bike bodies work really well, but if you want guaranteed results and an easier installation, then as suggested the Jenvey route would be better for you. As you already have a dcoe manifold you can get a kit to bolt on. 

Bike tbs work great but are a bit fiddly to set up if I’m honest. It’s something I’m comfortable with though as I come from a bike background. My throttle response is fine, but I have had nothing else to compare with other than tin tops. Cold start needs tweaking and I will do that myself over winter - it’s the map not the bodies. 

The dcoe Jenvey kit should bolt straight on I think, so installation of the actual bodies will be painless. The rest is the hard part with wiring, fuel lines, swirl pot and tank mods to do. But if you have time it’s all doable and plenty of people on here to guide you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris.

Have taken the plunge for the Jenvey route. Sourced some parts so now have QED DTH throttle bodies, fuel rail / regulator/ injectors / Omex ecu & loom.

Now all I think i require is a swirl pot and fuel pump, so after any recommendations.

So for an XE doing the conversion from carbs what fuel pump should i go for and what swirl pot do i need?

I have found this swirl pot which looks good from an old post on here but would this suit my needs?

http://www.alloyracingfabrications.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54

Also this fuel pump again from an old post:

https://www.glencoeltd.co.uk/ti-automotive-fuel-pumps-walbro/walbro-fuel-pumps/walbro-gsl392-fuel-pump-kit-fp650-includes-mounting-brackets-gcl611-1/

Thanks again for all the help.

28 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Matt Lewis Racing is another good source for Sytec pumps and filters 

Great thanks much cheaper on Matt Lewis racing not heard of them before.

Do you think this would be suitable?

http://www.mattlewisracing.co.uk/product.php/386/102/fuel_pump___matt_lewis_racing/d49f1613c1701435e71a38f0511a3eed

14 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I got my swirl pot from ARF. It’s spot on. 

Cheers think I will go with that one too.

I think you will need a fuel pressure regulator, I'm sure someone on here will point you in the right direction for one of those.

That pump should be fine if your engine is fairly standard. If it's really high spec, then the Sytec 044 equivalent would work. Ideally, add a pre-pump filter with 0.5" tails to match the pump inlet.

Ok thanks, engine is standard at the moment but will go for the Sytec 044 as might not always be standard :d