What a s**t start to my day

Captain Colonial

I had my prostate rebored a few years ago and they used the spinal anaesthesia. What a weird feeling to watch ones own inert legs being lifted into the stirrups (yes, those stirrups!) and knowing that a surgeon is about to poke a rod with a hot wire on the end up the end of the gargoyle! Peed blood for a while after that - involuntarily. If you have a catheter and urine bag, do try to avoid stepping on it while you walk about! Glad you're okay Scott. :t-up: Umbilicus Spurious should be your nickname...

11 hours ago, Blatman said:

Laughed so hard I nearly shi... :getmecoat: 

The Singletrack forum post is still one of the funnest things I have ever read. I've never had to have a colonoscopy and having read that several times I hope I never do, except... I really want to be able to hover in a lift on a cushion of my own farts :oops: 

Ohh ------it's not that traumatic apart from gagging on the 2 sachets of Preparation X.  Think of the camera journey through your body as a video game viewed on HD TV.   Marvel at the Lasso capturing alien lifeforms and negotiating the twists and turns in your intestines.  At some point of the procedure  you fall into serene slumber as a result of the Pre Med somewhere along the cameras journey.      You then wake up greeted by a pretty nurse serving a cuppa and some biscuits.

Not so bad after all.

• Like 1

Yes.... a very funny read, and delighted to know that your personal plumbing is back in working oreder.

If you're in the mood for a bit of rib cracking then go to the clicky link thingy and read on...... not recommended if you've recently taken laxatives or are known to have a weak bladder.....  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3GDDEL1SC1QQ5

Nem.......

• Like 1

Had us in stitches Scott, hope yours are ok and you are well on the mend! 

Jesus. Hernias, prostate reboring (I had to google, wish I hadn't) catheters, wee bags you lot aren't selling getting old. I thought it was all about no kids pestering, long holidays and no mortgage. I fear I had the wrong end of the stick!! :o

Great story Scott gave me a right giggle and glad your on the mend and the motorway's flowing freely:yes:

39 minutes ago, sdh2903 said:

Jesus. Hernias, prostate reboring (I had to google, wish I hadn't) catheters, wee bags you lot aren't selling getting old. I thought it was all about no kids pestering, long holidays and no mortgage. I fear I had the wrong end of the stick!! :o

Great story Scott gave me a right giggle and glad your on the mend and the motorway's flowing freely:yes:

Oh boy! You are in for a shock! Grandchildren... need I say more? No mortgage, certainly, long holidays? Can't be bothered.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, sdh2903 said:

Could you put that in larger letters, lost my reading glasses :d

1 hour ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Oh boy! You are in for a shock! Grandchildren... need I say more? No mortgage, certainly, long holidays? Can't be bothered.

Least you can give grandkids back:d

7 hours ago, sdh2903 said:

Least you can give grandkids back:d

That's the one saving grace, but you have no control over appalling table manners, noise, disobedience, etc... :bangshead:

2 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

That's the one saving grace, but you have no control over appalling table manners, noise, disobedience, etc... :bangshead:

Your house your rules!

:laugh: well done on your magnificent achievement :laugh:

Scott truley a great read had me laughing all the away, can I make a suggestion you start writing some children's books I would love to read them to my Grandkids :cry:

glad your on the mend:yes: