Hill Climb and sprint car wanted

Richard Houlgate

Not sure what you mean Mark. I wasn't keen on this car for a variety of reasons, price not being one.

He just meant that a car of that spec, with the huge amount of development work it’s had, and the good solid competition results its got, does not come up often and when they do, are often rather more costly.

But fair enough, if it’s not what you’re looking for, it’s not what you’re looking for.

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

with the huge amount of development work it’s had,

And  is specifically this what pulled him over i think. 

Not much in my car is left as it comes from the factory... and very little can be bought and bolt on, as have loads of tricks, stuff modified, and things that (being fair) without having me or Adam near... may be dificult to find out how to sort them.

Also car isn't specially tidy. Is a race car... and despite have A LOT of nice new carbon pannels and some other well polished... I never given a Damn **** about how the car looks.

I can easily see why an overpowered roadgoing"ish" race car doesn't fits the bill to someone who is looking for something more straightforward and easy going than his former Radikal, and and the same time he wants something nice and tidy to enjoy with the family in Trackdays.

You can't imagine how many people I've found telling me "I wish i bought this car when I had the chance" when Adam sold it...

But the truth is that the car, was for sale during several months and didn't sell untill I came.

It needs a very special person to see the diamond that is hidden in the car... true Force and faith...

I'm sure the right Anakin Skywalker will find the route to my car at the right time. Meanwhile I will keep and love it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, maurici said:

And  is specifically this what pulled him over i think. 

Not much in my car is left as i comes from the factory... and very little can be bought and bolt on, as have loads of tricks, stuff modified, and things that (being fair) without having me or Adam near... may be dificult to find out how to sort them.

Also car isn't specially tidy. Is a race car... and despite have A LOT of nice new carbon pannels and some other well polished... I never given a Damn **** about how the car looks.

I can easily see why an overpowered roadgoing"ish" race car doesn't fits the bill to someone who is looking for something more straightforward and easy going than his former Radikal, and and the same time he wants something nice and tidy to enjoy with the family in Trackdays.

You can't imagine how many people I've found telling me "I wish i bought this car when I had the chance" when Adam sold it...

But the truth is that the car, was for sale during several months and didn't sell untill I came.

It needs a very special person to see the diamond that is hidden in the car... true Force and faith...

I'm sure the right Anakin Skywalker will find the route to my car at the right time. Meanwhile I will keep and love it.

I'll just sum that up for you Maurici,

If you want to win buy a winning car :d:d:d:d

............... I might have done that a few times ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want a car that can be used on the road, for hill climbs sprints and track days.  So I don't want a highly tuned engine but one with a decent amount of low end pulling power.  I think that, for example, the 1600cc Vauxhall engine developing 200hp in the advert above would be difficult to drive on the road as most of the power would be at the top end of the rev range. An 1800cc engine is certainly a possibility, but it costs the same to tune an 1800cc engine as a 2 litre one and if I decide that having bought a car I want it to go faster I'd rather start with 2 litres, it must be cheaper and easier to get 200hp from a 2 litre than a 1.8. That seems logical to me but have I misunderstood something?

I'm in no rush, cash waiting for the right car.

I can see your logic and yes a 2ltr would have some more low down torque. But my 1600 used to pull well from 3000rpm and was geared in such a way that it was very drivable as you don’t want a peaky engine especially for hillclimbs. The 1640cc engine was just incredible and watching the Rev counter fly round to 9500rpm was an experience. Just my thoughts. 

Hope you find something 

cheers

• 1 month later...

Just put mine up for sale

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2018 at 08:20, Richard Houlgate said:

I want a car that can be used on the road, for hill climbs sprints and track days.  So I don't want a highly tuned engine but one with a decent amount of low end pulling power.  I think that, for example, the 1600cc Vauxhall engine developing 200hp in the advert above would be difficult to drive on the road as most of the power would be at the top end of the rev range. An 1800cc engine is certainly a possibility, but it costs the same to tune an 1800cc engine as a 2 litre one and if I decide that having bought a car I want it to go faster I'd rather start with 2 litres, it must be cheaper and easier to get 200hp from a 2 litre than a 1.8. That seems logical to me but have I misunderstood something?

My K series 1.8 Powered one makes a happy 200bhp. Only some wilder cams away from 215bhp. 

Power all over the rev band. 

22406225_10155764712642579_8288229290994

On 10/01/2018 at 08:20, Richard Houlgate said:

I have to disagree. As I said in another post my 1600cc Vauxhall engine would pull from 3000rpm all the way up to 9500rpm. The SBD cams in it were designed for torque and not all top end do wouldn’t behave like a Honda. It was very drivable on the road and all it would need is a bigger fuel tank. You would have to drive it to see for yourself.

Ash Mason drove it and commented on how nice the engine was, torquey and drivable.

cheers

Thanks, I now have a car with a 2.3 Duratec, pulls well from 1500 rpm. Hope to be out in it but first it needs some tlc.

Have you entered the WSCC speed series? There's still time if not

19 hours ago, Richard Houlgate said:

Thanks, I now have a car with a 2.3 Duratec, pulls well from 1500 rpm. Hope to be out in it but first it needs some tlc.

Good choice :yes:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.