Very Sad News

davidgh

David, please let me know if there is anything we can do. On behalf of the WSCC, our condolences and thoughts with Martin's family and friends.

As others have said one single word came to mind when I read David's post' "gentelman" he truly was. One of life's genuinely nice people, he will be missed.

Barry

So sad to read this, Martin was not someone I was ever fortunate enough to meet, but "knew" by reputation, the glowing tributes here just reflect what I'd alread heard, and makes me sad that I never will get to meet him. What a fantastic legacy of memories he leaves, amongst all who knew him.

A terrible loss. Deepest condolences to his friends and family.

Sad news indeed David.

Thoughts with Martin's family and of course your good self who has lost a dear friend.

Richard

• Like 1

Have been away all week so only just read this post and am really upset by this sad news. A real shock.

Martin was a true gent as others have said, had some good times for many years at Speed Series events, often in the same class, always good to talk to, friendly and approachable. Always seemed to be smiling and genuinely enjoying himself. 

He will be a great loss. Please pass on my condolences to Monica and the reset of his family.

Ian

A small token by way of a sympathy card, signed by me on behalf of all of us, is on it's way to Monica.

• Like 2

Sad news indeed, had many conversations with Martin in the paddock over the years, always the gent.

Thoughts are with his family.

• 2 weeks later...

Funeral today. Competition helmet on coffin. Very motorsport oriented send off.

Current and ex-WSCC members present were Paul Pocklington, Paul Morcom, Chris, Guy, and me.  So, good representation.

Andy’s condolence card on behalf of all Club members was very well received. Thanks Andy, on behalf of Monica.

thanks to all contributors for the messages on this thread, which I have passed on.

David

• Like 2