Peak District Blaze Farm Ice Cream Run , Sun 10th Dec, 10.00am POSTPONED

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet on the 10th December at 10 am, Sainsburys, Cawdor Way, Matlock, DE4 3SP, in the nice warm, dry cafe. There is a petrol station there too. This event will be on Saturday OR Sunday, depending on the weather, I will confirm nearer the time. IT IS ON SUNDAY

We will go on this wonderfully scenic route that I have planned, arriving at Blaze Ice Cream Farm at lunchtime. We will have lunch followed by some of that Baileys Ice Cream with Chocolate Swirls that they are currently promoting.

The cafe opens at 8.00 am on a Saturday and 9.30am on a Sunday, WE ARE MEETING AT 10AM.

Anyone fancy it?

• 2 weeks later...

I am probably going to put this on for Sunday, to give the weather time to warm up a bit, if anyone is joining us?

Form an orderly queue :d

Yep, nutter for sure, but I think I might be changing the route if the roads are icy. I am definitely going to come home in the light, I expect my head lamp to fall off again.

@Martyn Vann - Joint Warwickshire AO the staff at Peak Rail are only there at weekends at the moment, so we can call in for jammy tea cakes to collect your hood bag.

We will see who is the nutter on the GBS run, 16th Dec, shall we @AndrewBClarke. Wait for the weather on that day, anything could happen :)

• Like 1

If it’s still on, I might be up for this!

(ended up putting taking the car apart on hold last weekend, after being rained off on the Saturday, and not feeling great on the Sunday).

Having left my reply until the next day, in the hope that somehow the meteorologist ladies will change their mind, I am very, very sorry to say that I cannot set out into a forecast of 'considerable snowfall' :cry::(:down: 

There are 2 weekends before Christmas and, with the exception of the sacred GBS visit next Saturday, I will be only postponing this event until the next day that the roads are available.

Baileys Ice Cream With Chocolate Swirls - The Westfields Are Coming!!!! Wait For Us!!!! :t-up:

• Haha 1

I thought the weather was not going to improve!

As Westfields are out this weekend we are setting off shortly, in the tin top, to Rowsley station to retrieve my hood!

• Like 1