21st Party -Hillclimb try and evening dinner

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Hi Jim

That's what I was hoping but maybe John has been delayed?

Perhaps you could give him a push for me please!

Thanks

G

Hello All,

Just to keep you informed, this is still a goer and works continue in the background, indeed I believe we have just paid Shelsley for the day. I'm grateful to those offering to help, it is very much needed and welcomed, thank you. As Graham says, he is away at the moment but he is the lead on this and will dish out actions as necessary and will no doubt share on the day activities with us.

John has knowledge of what is going on as do I and we can be used for any escalations; but we are both committed to lots of other WSCC business too.

@graham frankland I trust you are enjoying your break and if you get to see this, please let us know if anything needs to progressed whilst you are away, thanks.I know John is not available for a few days now with work and family commitments but I'll chat to him Sunday if I'm able in order to check expectations. 

Thank you Graham and Andy for your replies.

I am a newbie and am really looking forward to a run up the "hill" but also myself and Julie could  help in any way you feel fit.

We are both retired so could be available on any or all of the days, just to add we don't have any experience.

Jim

Hello Graham,

Just read your response, re. Enjoy your holiday.   Hope to see something in a few weeks ? 

Ron

On 13/12/2017 at 08:02, CL290005 said:

Ron are you going to drive across to Bicester Flywheel on the Sunday?

I'm thinking how to get my Westfield and C type across on Saturday for a run up the hill to compare the experience may get a mate to drive it over, but need to get it on the road first 

I would love to do Flywheel on the Sunday. But may be a flying visit (no pun intended) 

We usually celebrate my birthday that day, with a garden bar’b’que. will see. 

On 08/02/2018 at 13:35, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Hello All,

Just to keep you informed, this is still a goer and works continue in the background, indeed I believe we have just paid Shelsley for the day. I'm grateful to those offering to help, it is very much needed and welcomed, thank you. As Graham says, he is away at the moment but he is the lead on this and will dish out actions as necessary and will no doubt share on the day activities with us.

John has knowledge of what is going on as do I and we can be used for any escalations; but we are both committed to lots of other WSCC business too.

@graham frankland I trust you are enjoying your break and if you get to see this, please let us know if anything needs to progressed whilst you are away, thanks.I know John is not available for a few days now with work and family commitments but I'll chat to him Sunday if I'm able in order to check expectations. 

I recall reading a message where someone was asking for video footage for the 21st anniversary event.   I have just found 5 DVDs of Speed Series from 2001/2. Curborough.Croft & Harewood.  

If said person can use these then please contact me.  ronsiddle@icloud.com       C6A2398C-E80D-4B4A-9007-BADE12EB4B65.thumb.jpeg.607b39cda5f371449223e8e0a9b7910c.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks Ron, that would be great. Let's see what Graham has planned for AV stuff on the night.

Andy - do you by chance know if there are any special regulations cars need to meet to take part. I have a standard road going Westy and have done a few Open Day track events where the only regulation is engine noise. I've expressed an interest in taking part but will have to rethink if I need to make modifications to the set up. Thanks

3 hours ago, timessex said:

Andy - do you by chance know if there are any special regulations cars need to meet to take part. I have a standard road going Westy and have done a few Open Day track events where the only regulation is engine noise. I've expressed an interest in taking part but will have to rethink if I need to make modifications to the set up. Thanks

AFAIK this is a private day open to road legal and race cars. You will need to ensure the car is in good condition but you won't need to change anything. This is not a full speed competitive event and is open to all types of cars and drivers. Even if some disaster strikes on the day, you will get to drive as members will ensure your car is sorted; that's what we do as a club and more so in the Speed Series. As you've already done a track day, you are already in a good place.

OK folks.

After huge efforts from the team, al the details are confirmed, the Hill is bought and paid for and the website is ready to take your bookings.

Please go to http://events.wscc.co.uk/shelsleywalsh/ and book; full info is on the site and in the PDF attached to this post.

21st_mag_text.pdf

• Andy Banks pinned this topic

Excellent - booked.  

Note there may be an error on the WSCC numbers remaining (available 80 but 60 remaining 0 booked) unless some already reserved.

David

3 minutes ago, XTR2Turbo said:

Excellent - booked.  

Note there may be an error on the WSCC numbers remaining (available 80 but 60 remaining 0 booked) unless some already reserved.

David

Thank you David, I "think" there were 20 or so already signed up? Over to @John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary and @graham frankland for further news.

It might be worth clarifying if the venue / camping is open to spectators / club members if car slots all sold out or they don't want to take a car up the hill.  Do they need to book / register at all or just turn up?

• Kingster unpinned this topic