I know some people are a bit dense, but....

Kingster

While in local Deli sarnie shop today, having ordered my “kamikaze chicken with extra hot chilli” from the bewildering array of tasty and bizarrely named offerings, I was taken aback by a young lady next in line. 

Looking at her phone she reels off the name of a “special” for her mate and then looks at the serving bloke and says “someone recommended a sandwich to me and it sounded lovely. But I can’t remember what it was” - then paused as she looks at the server for help  

The server looked a bit bemused as I stifled laugh and he says “so can you remember what was in it?”

”No” she says “but it has lots of different things in”.

I glance at the board behind the counter that displays sandwiches containing more ingredients than you’d find in an episode of Masterchef and look at the bloke behind the counter who plucks one of the popular choices out of the myriad on offer - “perhaps it was a ‘feast on rye’ that’s popular”?

”yes that sounds like it”

I collected my delightful lunch and left. 

• Haha 1

That job description would fit a GP too, Blatters.. Especially the second bit. How they winkle out the real problem from patients beats me!

On 11/22/2017 at 07:21, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

That job description would fit a GP too, Blatters.. Especially the second bit. How they winkle out the real problem from patients beats me!

Actually I use a doctor/patient analogy when trying to guide people through to getting the right help from the right person. The gist is... do you go to the doctor, say "i'm ill" and expect to get a cure? No? OK, then I'm going to need something more than "nothing works"... :oops: 

I think I saw a QI episode that mentioned acronyms on patient records. My fave was PRATTFO. 

Patient Reassured And Told To Foxtrot Oscar :d 

10 hours ago, Blatman said:

Actually I use a doctor/patient analogy when trying to guide people through to getting the right help from the right person. The gist is... do you go to the doctor, say "i'm ill" and expect to get a cure? No? OK, then I'm going to need something more than "nothing works"... :oops: 

I think I saw a QI episode that mentioned acronyms on patient records. My fave was PRATTFO. 

Patient Reassured And Told To Foxtrot Oscar :d 

Was it Hippocrates or another wit who observed that the doctor's task is to amuse the patient while Nature cures the condition. Or the patient dies...

T F BUNDY is an acronym for 'Totally f***ed but unfortunately not dead yet.' :d Otherwise known as circling the drain. As one who is living beyond the Biblical definition of a lifespan I find this unsettling! Luckily, my son is a medic so he knows the key words to use.

I don't envy you Blatters, I spent some years listening to a customers description of how my equipment was faulty and yet when I visited site, the truth bore little resemblance to what I'd been told. :bangshead:

On a different track FILTH: Failed in London Try Hongkong