Rover 3.5 V8 engine.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

Rover 3.5 V8 engine.

This engine has covered 13,000 miles in a Westfield since 1996. Rebuilt with reground crank, .010 mains and big ends, new timing chain, new water pump, new oil pump. In 2004 a rolling road set up showed 142bhp at the wheels with a DW262 Hurricane camshaft. Complete with all ancilliaries, starter motor, alternator, distributor, twin SU's, clutch, flywheel. No exhaust manifolds.

£400.

IMG_0699.JPG

Hi @bollockybill.

I'm assuming as it not listed you are not selling a gearbox with this?  What gearbox was it mated to in the car before removal?

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,

Engine and box are standard SD1 fitment. The gearbox is an LT77, I'm hoping to rebuild and reuse it, although if the later R380 came up for sale I may be tempted by that. They use a common casing but a 4wd box needs a lot of parts changing to make it 2wd so is prohibitively expensive.

John.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.