Tyres again (Sorry)

Valentinik

Just about to order the tyres for my build which i'd like to use to enter the Sprint series. Which list 1b tyre (13" wheels) would be best for me to  use for IVA and then in sprint series (class B1) 

Is the R888r the best option or is there an alternative?

Thanks

Mike

Second for 888's I run them road and track 

2 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Nankang AR-1s seem to be the pick of the current crop.

If you are going to sprint, give a try to those tyres...

Found the 888 surprisingly good from cold, but only tried them one day at Anglesey. AR-1 is apparently the 'best' 1B but not many people run them, yet.

Thanks for the input everyone. The nankangs are not something i had seen before, It has given me something to think about. I will have to drive my car to and from events (to start off with). Does anyone have any experience with them on road?

From looking on the MSA permitted tyres list, they seem to list the AR-1 as a list 1C tyre (except 195/50/15, 205/50/15 and 265/35/18. I presume in class B1 i wouldn't  be able to use that tyre?

29 minutes ago, Valentinik said:

Thanks for the input everyone. The nankangs are not something i had seen before, It has given me something to think about. I will have to drive my car to and from events (to start off with). Does anyone have any experience with them on road?

From looking on the MSA permitted tyres list, they seem to list the AR-1 as a list 1C tyre (except 195/50/15, 205/50/15 and 265/35/18. I presume in class B1 i wouldn't  be able to use that tyre?

Where are you looking? page 200 of the online version shows Nankang AR1 are list 1B https://www.msauk.org/assets/bluebook2017completevlow-res.pdf

However, what spec is your car? Engine / likely weight as the Nankangs only come in 205/60/13 in 13 inch as far as I know which is a bit chunky if its a bike negined car. Would be good for a weightier car engine car though.

John

John, page 200 is what i was looking at It lists the specified sizes as list 1b but on page 202 it lists the AR-1 (no specified sizes) as a 1C tyre which is what confused me.

My car is duratec engined, I did see them on Demon tweeks in 185 and 205 widths, although the 185 is an 80v tyre against the 86v of the 205 Im not sure if this matters?

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 20.13.19.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 20.15.31.png

Well that's odd as people have been using them in 13" this year. If they aren't allowed then I would be looking at the Toyo as previously suggested or the Avon ZZR (15156 & 15157). Another option is Pirelli P7 Corsa Classic in the softest wet compound available from the Demon Tweeks catalogue but they are a little expensive

Thanks John, I have just emailed the MSA technical hoping for confirmation. I will post their response if/when i receive it.

Mike

I just spoke to the MSA about the Ar-1. Their response was this:

”for 2017 they never got approval for all sizes in time. So only the specified sizes were a 1B tyre. The rest were 1C. This will change for 2018 however and all sizes will be a list 1B tyre. “

Mike

• Like 3