Is this a Westfield car?

Chris1989

Hi I am looking to buy my first Westfield and have come across this one for sale that I’m interested in buying, but I don’t know how to identify if it is infact a real Westfield or not! Can anybody help? 

Thanks

094260A6-D1AB-4C0C-BF9A-DCE97E016695.jpeg

F014901E-69FE-4B40-948A-04E7DECCAEEE.jpeg

13A0EE56-151A-48A5-B01F-7CFF5B8C2AD9.jpeg

Welcome Chris :t-up: 

i'm sorry to say that's not a Westfield. At a guess I would say it's a locost of some description.

With the exception of the very early pre-lit Westiflelds which are remarkably similar in their appearance to the series 3 lotus 7 and the only ones to have an alloy body, all westfield's after this have a have a Fibreglass body tub.

It's getting late in the year and many of us are now putting our cars away for hibernation over the winter, but depending on where you are in the country you may be lucky to still see a few at a local meet, which would then allow you to see some up close and to talk to the owners.

http://www.wscc.co.uk/areamap.htm

Like Mark Says, you will find more information and help with going to your local meeting or just saying where you are. Someone will be along to help you source a car. Its also the quiet season for cars, which means most are put away for the winter, some that do come up for sale are due to unforseen circumstances and can be a bargain this time of year. Good luck with your search and be patient is a good motto, as it will come up at some point.

That chassis plate looks a bit dodgy?

:nope: Not only did they not try that hard to get the letters straight, the 8 is upside down too. Surely the bottom line should be 'WTF001'. 

Very shoddy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That chassis plate looks to be taken from an electric motor. 

My dad made me one just like that when I was eight.

He used some 4x2, an apple box, some pram wheels, and some rope for steering. I supplied the brakes (trainers).

I wrote it off (and me) not long after, under a parked car!

Mk2 had tiller brakes.

I missed the obvious, it doesn't look to be road registered either. 

If the current owner puts it through the SVA and properly registers it then, and only then, it may be worth scrap value.

And now the big question...how much is he asking for that sneeze (shamelessly stolen from Dave Eastwood). :d