Peak District Blaze Ice Cream Run , Sun 26th Nov 10.30am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Just arrived back home after another fantastic day in the Peaks. Didn’t get the hood off once, and the wipers were needed much of the day, but didn’t take the shine off it one bit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Glad you got out Dave. After last Sundays ' nuts frozen' drive and this week being colder, I decided to go shopping for the latest wifes 50th birthday present. Seems I spent less than expected , so I may have some carbon fund left !! 

That does look mighty cold in the picture.

• Haha 2

With icy roads on the tops, plan B was put into action, so lunch with a difference it was then, pork pie, cheese, biscuits, pickled onions and pickles, yum, yum.

DSC02284.JPG

But I had promised ice cream, so, firstly, I found an ice cream farm near Matlock that was serving mince pie flavoured ice cream.

DSC02275.JPG

My more traditional method of navigation, the JulieNav ( memorise the route basically, with reminders on a bit of paper), failed me today because I turned left too early, and the ice cream farm was only a 4 minutes drive from the Artists Corner car park. So we can practice our Christmas songs '4 minutes drive, 3 point turn, 2 seater car and a plonker in a Westfield' sorry guys.

Glen thanked me kindly for parking next to the pile of poo, right where he steps out of the car, it's hard enough getting out of the car with the roof on, avoiding the hot exhaust AND now the cow poo too. I didn't laugh...much.

DSC02271.JPG

The Ice Cream Farm in Matlock. Martyn and Sue, Dave Eastwood, PaulVX and Pat (in the GT86).

DSC02273.JPG

After our strange breakfast option we headed East, away from the rain, to arrive at The Travellers Rest, Apperknowle for lunch. It has far reaching countryside views, real fires, real ale and is famous for its food.

DSC02278.JPG

Beef stew in a hollowed out loaf of bread and the pork pie platter. Erdinger Weissbier and a Fuggle Bunny real ale to wash it all down with.

DSC02283.JPG

Paul, one of the Derby/Notts areas biggest fan, with his Dick Spanner t-shirt on

DSC02282.JPG

It rained all day and the roads were filthy, bring it on

DSC02285.JPG

It was only half past one and we needed a sweet, did we? well maybe not, but it was the last day that The Tea Junction at Hulme End was open, as the owner flys off to Australia for the winter, so we went for kisses and goodbyes. We went for a monkeys tea party really, and the roads were better this way. Slack Hill plus Vtech, oh what fun we had.

The Tea Junction, Hulme End

DSC02288.JPG

The monkeys tea party

DSC02290.JPG

And still it rained

DSC02270.JPG

DSC02291.JPG

I did have to check my own instructions for the start time, I have no idea why I chose 10.30 and not the usual 10.00. It was funny though, because it was raining and there is no cover at the car park, when I arrived, we all stayed in our cars and I got Dave to ring me so we could discuss what the plan was. In future we will meet at the Sainsburys in Matlock. It is the Santa Run next weekend, but the weekend after that we will re-instate the Blaze Farm run.

Thank you to everyone for coming out to play on such a freezing, wet day, I love you all, kiss, kiss.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am surprised after seeing all that food, that financially being in the club and the ability to get in the cars must be crippling , to say the least !! I am sure my half hood would be as good as half the tiles missing on my house when it comes to thermal benefits. 

It was a little damp today and a little slippery at times but another great day out, thanks Julie!

BTW I like the 'arty' shot of my car through the raindrops :yes:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Martyn Vann - Joint Warwickshire AO said:

a little slippery at times

:laugh:  ;)

Looked like a fun day. Sorry to have missed it. 

Even ‘cow pooh’ and it was in a car park!

Cheer folks and hope to see you guys soon.......

• Like 1

That looks like it was another great day out. Can't wait for next Spring to be joining you guys again.

Thanks for all your lovely comments everyone, that's the best bit of the day. Dave's picture is wonderful, with the blue sky matching the blue car and a touch of snow. I have popped a picture on, below, that Paul took in the cafe at Hulme End. It is always nice to see the day from other peoples photo's too.

To Billy, Chris and to the others that might not quite have made it out recently, you are all missed and we look forward to seeing you when you next get the chance to join us.

Hulme End Nov 2017.jpg

• Like 2