Peak District Blaze Ice Cream Run , Sun 26th Nov 10.30am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Artist's Corner Car Park, Matlock, DE4 3PS, 10.30 am.

Exactly 1 month before Christmas and we will have to box clever today, with the route, because there are Christmas Markets in both Chatsworth and Bakewell. So we meet in Matlock and wiggle up the quiet roads, in the opposite direction to the crowds, to arrive at Blaze Ice Cream Farm, Macclesfield for lunch.

I have several options for the afternoon, depending on the weather and who joins us. Who will be joining us?

THIS MAY BE MOVED TO SATURDAY DEPENDING ON THE WEATHER

I’m ok if it’s the Sunday, but can’t do the Saturday.

That was an easy fix, it's now Sunday.

• Haha 1

I have set the route today, and it is quite unusual, so I thought I had better go and have a little look at it first. Mainly to check for the local bovine population, or rather their droppings, I am happy to report a negative on that front. While it was quiet, I took the opportunity to take some photographs, I never seem to get them, hanging on to an overactive teenage Westfield.

This is the road to the area where we are going

DSC02255.JPG

And this is the interim destination, the road is ONE WAY at the top.

DSC02257.JPG

DSC02260.JPG

DSC02267.JPG

But let's not forget our final destination is the ice cream farm, they have now made their new seasonal flavours, oooh are you ready, Baileys with chocolate sauce swirls and Christmas Pudding Ice Cream. I am hoping that they sell one of those double cones, so I don't have to choose. Can't wait for Sunday :t-up:

• Like 2

Looking good, like the sound of the Christmas pudding ice cream..............probably need some for next weekend too :xmas:

• Like 1

Just now, SootySport said:

Just the weather for ice cream:d

Agreed, it’s perfect!

The wifey says she would love to come along but she doesn't realise how much of a trek it would be

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, would be a bit of a haul. :laugh:

I now have a plan B sorted, on lower ground, on bigger, gritted roads and it still avoids the Christmas crowds. I think you will like my plan, it is a bit different and somewhere completely new.

The other great news is that plan A is still there for the weekend after next, when the roads will not be as icy, will they?pleeeeease mummy nature.

Lunch with a difference, here we come.

Enjoy and stay off any Pate Ice Cream:laugh: I've got a trot round Wilmslow this morning, so can't join you. I hope the weather is kind for all of us!

• Haha 2

Ssh, don't tell anyone, but I might have miss-read the time for this! I swear the last few meets have been 10 am at the Artists Corner car park!!

still lovely run over, if you ignore the occasional heavy rain,

IMG_1508.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 3