Locking Wheel Nuts

hawksa

Could anyone recommend me some locking wheel nuts for use with Team Dynamics wheels?

Thanks,

Simon.

Well the studs are Ford pattern, so I'm guessing wheel nuts for a Ford Focus should be the correct thread and seat taper? I'm assuming that your car is a relatively "modern" Westy with the factory alloy hubs etc., based on your car description and your FW style nose/bonnet in your avatar?

However, as the locking wheel nuts are likely to be "blind" rather than drilled and threaded right through you need to check that the threaded part is deep enough to accommodate your studs without bottoming out, IYSWIM.

the team dynamics generally have quite a narrow hole, hence Simon's question. I suspect most/not many locking nuts will not fit!

I've used these: Spline Closed External Drive Splined Tuner Wheel Nuts STEEL - Black - M12 x 1.5 which require the supplied tool to remove them.

I've covered the tool with heatshrink to prevent chipping the paint around the wheel nuts. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spline-Closed-External-Drive-Splined-Tuner-Wheel-Nuts-STEEL-Black-M12-x-1-5-/271583831391?hash=item3f3ba8655f

They have gone slightly rusty where the tool must has marked the paint on the nuts.

• Thanks 1

Just Throwing it out there? 

Do you think you need them? 

Our cars tend to be kept in a garage and when I do leave it out its not normally overnight just camping etc when your with it. 

• Like 1

To take the whole car you need little more than a sack truck to take it away.       Depends where you park the car i'd say to be honest.    Its hard to measure there effectiveness only there ineffectiveness...  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SXRORY said:

Just Throwing it out there? 

Do you think you need them? 

Our cars tend to be kept in a garage and when I do leave it out its not normally overnight just camping etc when your with it. 

Agreed.