Dash 2 backlight not working!

Scotty72

After a very wet journey to Cadwell a few weeks ago, water managed to get into the Dash 2 by running down the display and into the bottom of the frame. This caused the Dash to malfunction and at one point the display went off completely! It's all dried out now and all working fine except the blue backlight that should come on when switching the lights on.

Any ideas?

The backlights seem to be a semi consumable item on open top cars at least.

The good news is RT does a replacement backlight service. It’s probably near ten years since I had one done. If memory serves, it was around £60 for the back light, plus fitting. It wasn’t horrendous overall that’s for sure, and the DASH2 came back all cleaned up and resealed. Excellent service from Race Technology.

Mine also went all pear shaped at Caldwell, not surprising how wet it was but I've not tested it since as it's now in storage.

5 minutes ago, Sycho said:

Mine also went all pear shaped at Caldwell, not surprising how wet it was but I've not tested it since as it's now in storage.

It was a bit of a mare driving home in the dark with no back light and the display went off completely for the last 10 miles or so.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Backlight is still not working, so Dash2 has gone back to Race Technology for 'inspection'. Turns out their factory is just down the road from me so I dropped it off this afternoon.

Sorted :d

Dash is back from RT fitted back in car and all is working as it should :yes:

Can't fault Race Technology, great service and a pleasure to deal with. It only took them 2 days to repair and return the dash2 to me and they have also re-sealed it so hopefully no more water getting in.

Thanks @Mistercorn

• Like 1

Great news and good service, indeed! Can't beat dealing direct!

My Dash2 went back twice during my build once because the analogue inputs had lost their internal calibration (not a user setting) and the 2nd time when my speedo wouldn't work and RT confirmed it to work fine. I found that I needed to fit a pull up to the factory provided speed sensor. Both times it had to travel via WSC stores dept, so it was never faster than 2 weeks door 2 door