Is it too early to...............

Thrustyjust

Wifes just made me help with the Christmas cards. 'Then its done' , I was told. I said not to put stamps on the older peoples cards, incase they pop off before we need to send them :d. Now she wants the advent calendars out the loft................... I need to go in the garage and find things to do, before the sodding tree comes out too.................

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I keep reminding them, it’s not even December.    Hard to believe as mince pies and Christmas decerations have been in the shops for the last month or more.   

My cards are unsigned but all the address labels are printed and stamps bought.  I send them on 30 November and get amusingly irritated calls and messages from friends and family in early December.  What else is Christmas for? :d 

Also bought half a dozen of these for a few choice deserving people to receive anonymously (NSFW language) :d

https://www.comedycard.co.uk/collections/rude-christmas-cards?page=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why anonymously!    There’s a good few folk I’d happily sign cards like that too..  just they are not worth £2.25.     Or even the stamp :)

2 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

And handed the first Christmas card out today too............................. :oops:

You're doomed. Christmas is in december. Shouldnt be mentioned before then.

And I'm not grumpy in the slightest that im working nightshifts christmas eve/day and new year this year. Honest:getmecoat:

A mate came up from Kent for the day and as we wont see him before Xmas, thought we might as well save being stung by the Post Office , so stuck it in his hand :laugh:

To be honest, between pleasing all the family and relatives, think I would rather be at work . Might even join you, sounds more interesting that walking around in my new slippers :rolleyes:

It’s my birthday on Christmas Day.   I try and hide in the kitchen.    Open some wine just after breakfast,   Do all the cooking and hope it’s all over very soon.    I know the kids love it but I just find the whole day ott. 

14 hours ago, DamperMan said:

It’s my birthday on Christmas Day.   I try and hide in the kitchen.    Open some wine just after breakfast,   Do all the cooking and hope it’s all over very soon.    I know the kids love it but I just find the whole day ott. 

Blimey, my wife and daughter start hammering the proseco before the sun rises on Xmas morning. Last year there was 3 or 4 empty bottles before 9am. Its fine though, as they are usually asleep and quiet by mid afternoon and this year they wont notice me playing aviation with Steve @sdh2903 :d

happy New Year :getmecoat:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Blimey, my wife and daughter start hammering the proseco before the sun rises on Xmas morning. Last year there was 3 or 4 empty bottles before 9am. Its fine though, as they are usually asleep and quiet by mid afternoon and this year they wont notice me playing aviation with Steve @sdh2903 :d

Playing? This is a serious industry.......:d

That's the worst bit for me. Being in a group of drunks and being stone cold sober. Well apart from the kids that is......

Hopefully Santa brings some good toys and things for me to build with the kids while the grown ups drain the wine. 

• Haha 1

I hope Santa NV might be doing a drop , as long as the bodywork repairs to the Volvo dont scupper my plans too much !!

I have seen on TV what goings on at an airport. Theres a load of ****s at check in, mongs in the cabin and dosers in the maintenance department.................:d