Donington Park Sun 19th Nov

Scotty72

Enjoy. It's a great track. The weather's looking favourable too. Have you resolved your brake issue?

1 hour ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

Enjoy. It's a great track. The weather's looking favourable too. Have you resolved your brake issue?

Yes almost! Removed the wheels and gave the discs a rub down with some fine grit emery cloth. Put back together and Hey presto the judder had become hardly noticeable. Think I will remove the discs over the winter and give them a proper rub which hopefully will completely rid the issue. The advice on here is invaluable!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussH said:

Have fun Scott, wrap up warm!!!

Don't mind a bit of cold weather (putting 3 layers on) At least I won't feel like a sponge this time :sun:.

Did you get hitched the other day?

• Like 1

What a great track afternoon session that was!

Excellent weather, on a great track and from what I could see the driving standards were very good from everyone I came across.

Good to meet up with you Scott.

Steve

• Like 1

Fab day at Donington, track was very cold first thing and with cold tyres understeered of at redgate on the 2nd lap (whoops), had a spin a bit later, dipstick somehow dislodged itself in the afternoon so the engine oil decided to coat the inside of the bonnet (and everything else backwards of the engine) and due to the high speed nature of the track, the plastic cycle wings decided to feed themselves to the front tyres and disintegrate.

All in all, best day out I've had in a long time :laugh:

Couple of videos to follow when I've got time to upload them.

P.s. Nice to meet you Steve, and sorry for using all your tissue!

Scott

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RussH said:

What no rain?!?

Based on recent experience it only appears to rain (the torrential variety) when you book a track day.

When are you planning your next track day? ..I'll call you and stop using metcheck :p

Hope all is well