Twin Tail and Stop Lights

Alan France

Like a few others I've caught the upgrade bug and fitted a second pair of tail and stop lights to my FW body. I found them for £63.20 for the pair, including VAT and delivery from Maxparts.biz. They are the same Dasteri DSLR400STL12 units fitted by Westfield. (And close to half the price of everywhere else.)

On the Dasteri website the DSLR400STL12 shows only 10 LED's but these are the 12 LED's as provided in the Westfield kit.

The center reflector is slightly larger than the hole (59mm against 58mm) but a little careful sanding of the reflector outer edge got a good fit. 

They are not on the Maxparts.biz web site but ring  01252 512 148 and ask for Rob or David. They came next day.

P1030509.JPG

• Like 5

The carpet is a key part of the ground effect after extensive trials in a windy tunnel.

I hope you also noted the colour matched weather strip on the garage floor.

i'm not sure I actually like the rear lights . There, I said it............... Its just too 'glitzy' and although these on the Ginetta are LED behind the red lenses, think they may look better on my car. Just my thoughts , to be honest. 

ginetta-g40-2.jpg.319a66da0e68421366ba41084f3596e1.jpg

14 hours ago, Terryathome said:

I've seen twin lights on the back of another fw and they look so much better.

@lloydox has done his and also changed the fog light to be an additional reversing lamp. I 'think' he's put his fogs in the centre of one pair of rear lamps. Best done after IVA though as lack of relfectors in the correct place will be a fail and can be a challenge at MOT time.

Post IVA- I've just set my reverse and fog slightly further back in to be flush with the body work and changed the fog to a clear lens with a red LED lamp.

I'm sure with the right lamp holder the number plate light could be set into the body to be tidier too. I've just not found the right one yet..........

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bagpuss, that’s looks good but your car is not as low as mine. Agree, the number plate lamp could be improved.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 11:28, Route66 said:

Like a few others I've caught the upgrade bug and fitted a second pair of tail and stop lights to my FW body. I found them for £63.20 for the pair, including VAT and delivery from Maxparts.biz. They are the same Dasteri DSLR400STL12 units fitted by Westfield. (And close to half the price of everywhere else.)

On the Dasteri website the DSLR400STL12 shows only 10 LED's but these are the 12 LED's as provided in the Westfield kit.

The center reflector is slightly larger than the hole (59mm against 58mm) but a little careful sanding of the reflector outer edge got a good fit. 

They are not on the Maxparts.biz web site but ring  01252 512 148 and ask for Rob or David. They came next day.

P1030509.JPG

@Route66 so just the outer light ring and you retained the reflectors?

similar to these? http://maxparts.biz/index.php/component/virtuemart/search?keyword=Ds510&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0

Those are not quite the same as they have only 10 LED's, I was also concerned to make sure the light colours matched so wanted the same units as supplied by Westfield. The DSLR400STL12 which are not on Maxparts web site, but that they can supply, have 12 LED's and match the units provided by Westfield. Yes, I just bought the outer light ring and retained the reflectors with a little sanding.