Is the world now too PC ?

Thrustyjust

After the sausage roll in the manger and a teacher complimenting some girls when one was gender neutral and he got sacked , I just wonder if we are all going to be chemically dowsed for anything we say in the future.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/nov/15/greggs-nativity-jesus-sausage-roll-advent-calendar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5073511/Teacher-suspended-praising-pupil-using-wrong-gender.html

Apologies for the Daily Fail link.

We aren't allowed to say anything now and the future seems totally bleak . As you know, talking of gender stuff, I ordered a new passport a couple of weeks ago. it stated male or female. Nothing else. Is the next time I am going to order a replacement, what is it going to say ?

As for sausage rolls. To me, i would rather worship one of those than something which truthfully never happened. If my mrs came home and said god had his evil way with me and now I am carrying the son of god, she would be straight into rehab.................... Its not a god bashing thread, but what is going to be next on the horizon ?

It steps into an attempt to control people who do not have believe in a faith or a religion. Should that be repressed ? Should believers or non believers attempt to influence  others,  could one argue secular people are already more tolerant and understanding ? 

I suspect Greggs sausage roll story was nothing more than a pitch by their PR for publicity, and it worked.

i’m to old! and don’t understand anything PC after windows 7.     But I like sausage rolls and a nice bit of crumpet.  

I’m pretty sure we’ll not be seeing reruns of   The Benny Hill show on the telly.    Those of us who thought it was funny should hold our heads in shame! Or be added to a register.     I bet builders don’t wolf whistle any more either.   The minor infringements of PC should not be confused with more serious stuff.  

The funny bit at work is the guys are all all very pc with the few women we have. The women are anything but PC, smutt, induendo and more smutt.      

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

I once got banned from every Greggs in the UK..... that’s another story for another day.

It's now another day.... do share :d

15 minutes ago, darve said:

It's now another day.... do share :d

Waiting...?

1 hour ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Waiting...?

I was building Beverley Magistrates Court and we used to go over to the local Greggs. I caught the ladies behind the glass counter staring at the workman's willy area through the serving counter glass and laughing. From this point on we used to have lots of banter.

One of the ladies was married and she must have been around 50 years of age. One of the young lads from site asked her out and she said "Yes".

A few days later I was in the shop and she asked me if anything had been said.

I told her "Yes" and she asked me to tell.  I said that I did not wish to say but she then came from behind the counter, took my arm and lead me away from the queue.

She repeated her request and I again stated I didn't want to say. However she persisted and because I had known her around 8 months I told her.

What I said cannot be said here, but it involved her bottom and throat and I only repeated what the young man was saying on site.

I then went back into the queue and she went back to work.

The following morning, the police arrived on site and so did her husband. They spoke with my line manager and I was interviewed.

They asked if I had said it and I said "Yes".

They said I shouldn't have said it and I said that she persisted and it was the truth.

The husband wanted to know who the lad was who she had been with but I wouldn't say.

I was told to go to Greggs and apologise to her but I refused as I said that I told the truth.

I said it was her who was married and was in the wrong.

I said I didn't want to say but she repeatedly asked and that she appeared to be interested in men as I had caught her and her colleague looking at the mens "Trouser Area".

This did not go down very well with her husband and he became quite agitated on site.

Anyway a few days later a letter arrived from a Director of Greggs and it stated that I had been given a lifetime ban from every Greggs in the UK.

• Haha 3

:d are you on a most wanted poster in Greggs? "Do not serve this man sausage rolls"

More importantly have you flouted your banning order and been in again?

19 minutes ago, sdh2903 said:

:d are you on a most wanted poster in Greggs? "Do not serve this man sausage rolls"

More importantly have you flouted your banning order and been in again?

Well.... dare I go in... What if I get caught.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Well.... dare I go in... What if I get caught.

just for pure devillment, I'd go in, buy a product, get a selfie with you, the product and the clearly identifiable shop interior and email it to the Directors of Greggs.