My new Schroth Harnesses.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

1 hour ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Dave,

If it helps, and you get stuck, I could buy one and post it. You could PayPal me the money.

Thank you Sir! I will keep that in mind and take you up on the offer if need be. It's winter and I've got months until race season starts again so there's no time crunch in that way....it just bothers me that this is the way things seem to work all too often.

Thanks again - I'll stay in touch.

dave

Would like to buy a pair of these for my car, would these be suitable for IVA?

Thanks

Mike

24 minutes ago, Valentinik said:

Would like to buy a pair of these for my car, would these be suitable for IVA?

Thanks

Mike

Yep

Just as a quick follow up.........I heard from GSM and the gentleman was very nice. He tells me he'd like to send the harness to me in the USA but can't because the US company that will not return my calls or emails has an exclusive distribution in the USA. Garreth of GSM seems like a very upright guy and I hope to figure out a way to give him some business and not get him in trouble with Schroth.

Have a great weekend.

dave

Got the harnesses fitted today.

So very comfortable and so easy to adjust.

Feel very secure and in my own opinion it was money well spent.

Really happy with them.

126197D8-583A-4F75-A43D-F5783F062413.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They look great! My standard Westfield harnesses are a real faff to adjust so these are definitely on my (long) shopping list.

Simon.

One of the most pleasant things about the Schroth in day to day use, is how easy t hey are to adjust, yet it certainly doesn't feel like that ease comes at the cost of any compromise in safety.

Look very smart, was going to ask about ease of adjustment. Dave has answered that one. Like hawksa I find the standard harnesses are a faff (to put it politely) to adjust.

I had these on my Westie. A worthwhile purchase indeed. The are easy to adjust, you can buy a 6-point add on and they look great. they also come with the  anti-subarine feature.

These looks nice! Just bought a Titon harness and finding it such a pain to adjust. Especially as I share the car with my Dad so needs to be adjusted every time we swap over on a track day!

Very tempted to swap to one of these but almost double the price.

More than double the quality though.

If you were nearer you could try mine. They really are night and day difference wise - that's not intended as a sleight against the Titon's though; the Titon's do a good job at their price point, it's just very easy to see where the extra money goes with the Schroth.

@SimonUK They really do adjust so easy.

The lap belts have a "handle" to hold onto and you just give the lap belt a pull and its the same for the shoulder belts.

The shoulder belts also have a buckle that you lift up to lengthen them and it all moves so freely with no struggling.

I am surprised that they don't move either once fastened considering how easily they adjust.

The only thing I am getting used to is making sure I place the shoulder straps over the back of the seat when I get in so I don't sit on them.

For me, the quality, ease of adjustment and how much safer I feel, they where worth the cost.

• Like 1

One tip @Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator gave me when I was first changing over from the type of harness that has the shoulder straps permanently fixed to the waist straps, was to plug the (left hand for the driver, right hand for the passenger) shoulder strap right back into the buckle, once you've released the buckle to get out; you can still drape them up out of the way, but having one side pre-fastened makes getting back in and strapping up again much easier, and massively reduces the chance of getting the belts twisted relative to each other.

• Like 1

I took the plunge and bought a set of Scroth pads as the 3 inch belts squashed through the top grommets of the Sport Turbo seats place the belts into the sides of the neck.

With the pads in place the shoulder straps are much more comfortable, especially when pulled up really tight.

• Like 1