AA Composites aero screen

Weekend Warrior

Just bought one of these from another member anyone got ant pictures of what they look like fitted ,a couple of close ups of the pillars and windscreen fillet would be useful,so I can see how they sit .Do you fix the Perspex to the pillars 

Thanks in advance .

Come on guys someone must be able to help,,the windscreen fillet is not long enough why ?

can I buy a longer one and cut it back ? 

Any ideas .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a fillet like this the previous owner had cut off the rebates that fit under the screen supports, it looks like the fillet in your photo. Hope this helps 

Thanks for the reply Ollie ,the fillet worked fine with the full windscreen and pillars so can't understand why not now .

You don't know what size the widebodied one should be per chance that way I would know if it's been shortened ?

You havnt got a picture of yours by any chance Russ ,to compare the 2 there's something amiss 

Agreed, I'm pretty sure mine are the same as Mikes. 

Ive got a couple of spares....

10 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

My uprights look trimmed more generously than yours, Steve

IMG_20171115_185216915.jpg

Thanks for the picture Mike ,it appears that someone has trimmed nearly half of the front away on the set I've bought rendering them un useable I'll contact the seller .

Thanks Russ ,

Been offered a full refund by seller ,decent chap ,

Ive also managed to get hold of another pair so all is well 

Is the screen fixed to the pillars by the 2 fixings that can be seen

Steve 

No, there isn't an angle bracket that holds it on the back. the two you can see are rubber to stop my fillet rattling. 

Just a thought ,tell me what you think !

Ive been doing a bit of reasearch on the uprights, by way if reading old threads ,it appears that they made 2 versions.One was for the cars with the steel windscreen uprights ,the other for the ones using metro style mirrors which I have .Would the scuttle types would be different if  so perhaps they've not been trimmed but are for a different car,after all why would anyone want to alter them ?