2018 Speed Series draft calendar

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Anyone in the know have any clue as to when we could see a draft of the 2018 SS calendar please?

Just trying to gauge when I can book a holiday for

Thanks

Hold your nerve John

It may appear to a select few next weekend

• Like 1

For the select few:cry: don't think i'm in the circle of trust yet. :p

1 hour ago, John said:

Anyone in the know have any clue as to when we could see a draft of the 2018 SS calendar please?

Just trying to gauge when I can book a holiday for

Thanks

Even if it comes out early possibly it'll have provisional dates like last years..... Where later on some were changed resulting in me being unable to make full season commitment :(

2 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Even if it comes out early possibly it'll have provisional dates like last years..... Where later on some were changed resulting in me being unable to make full season commitment :(

With the total number of event between 20-30 to choose from that seems unlikely

43 minutes ago, John said:

With the total number of event between 20-30 to choose from that seems unlikely

Practically for my situation but You are of course technically correct...

I had planned 10 events, then when amendments came I had already made commitment to other parts of my life for alternative sprint dates. But could have still done 10 in theory, only if I'd have done hill climbs I don't want to or sprints that were too far away for my available time.

Currently 35 events on the list

AND just for the record Dave I note that you only did 1 event last year!! Blyton on the Saturday!

5 minutes ago, terry everall said:

Currently 35 events on the list

AND just for the record Dave I note that you only did 1 event last year!! Blyton on the Saturday!

I had entered Anglesey but illness meant withdrawing. But initially When I realised I wasn't doing full season, lost impetuous :(

You should never lose impetus as it slows you down in my experience:laugh:

• Like 1

Agreed: (actually with the work the team have done this year we are about 6-8 week ahead of last year)

Provisional Publications of calendar: will be on Saturday to help holiday plan etc.... this is not final as we are trying to confirm with other comp secs.

Rule changes: the SSOT met about 3 weeks ago and we have made or recommendations; in essence there is no substanital changes, just a couple of tweeks, but these need to be finalised and confirmed with MSA then published; but we might have a draft in the next couple of weeks...

When we publish the regs we will also explain why the tweak has gone in as we want to be transparent!

Cheers

Panda

• Like 1

John, I shall be interested in the provisional calendar, particularly to know which weekend our Blyton weekend will be, and if you would like me to act as club steward for the 2 sprint days, which I would be pleased to do. Remember however that we are supposed to have 2 nominated club stewards, but I think they could be different people for the 2 days although I'm happy to do both days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Agreed: (actually with the work the team have done this year we are about 6-8 week ahead of last year)

Provisional Publications of calendar: will be on Saturday to help holiday plan etc.... this is not final as we are trying to confirm with other comp secs.

Rule changes: the SSOT met about 3 weeks ago and we have made or recommendations; in essence there is no substanital changes, just a couple of tweeks, but these need to be finalised and confirmed with MSA then published; but we might have a draft in the next couple of weeks...

When we publish the regs we will also explain why the tweak has gone in as we want to be transparent!

Cheers

Panda

Thanks John. The calendar is my main concern

Regarding rule changes, I think the people asking about these above are asking as it would be great  if any rule changes affecting the spec of cars allowed in each class was known ASAP so that people have the winter to ready their steads

• Like 1