Essex Area Whatsapp Group

Kevin (Mr T)

Not and event in itself, but we have now set up a Whatsapp group, as another channel to communicate events and track days, especially when something is being organised at short notice.

If you would like to be added to the group, please message me your mobile number (and download the app if you don't already have it).

• Like 3

That's a cracking idea for all areas too consider. :yes:

12 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

That's a cracking idea for all areas too consider. :yes:

Indeed, ours has been running since the Summer :d

Works great for organising run outs last minute when the weather changes etc.

10 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Indeed, ours has been running since the Summer :d

Works great for organising run outs last minute when the weather changes etc.

Swot!

If you do it, try and be strict about what it's used for.

I'm currently in another (Facebook) Kit car group that uses one and I regularly end up having to take myself off the What's App group. Although it's supposed to be a tool for sorting out impromptu runs, members constantly insist on using it like the Facebook page.

Doesnt sound to bad, till you get half a dozen people having a Whatsapp conversation about something random, and then your phones going off all night. I use Whatsapp for certain clients, who aren't so email literate, so have to check every damned time. It just gets to be a pain, and you see people start leaving the Whatsapp group...

Oh I have different beeps for the different groups. The problem is missing the single highlighted entry for a customer, as Whatsapp is showing twenty for the blast group. It very nearly cost me work earlier in the year, when I missed a final question from a client regarding a new job for them.

I ended up having to go into Whatsapp all the time to check which messages came from where.

As I say, for arranging last minute blasts, the idea is great, jut need to avoid long multiway conversations in it!

@Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO created a messenger group for us Yorkshire lot, works well on mobile and linked to geekbook. we do sometimes get a wave of messages though! but def good for last minute organizing for weather changes etc

@Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO is in our group, a long way from Essex to Yorkshire, but you never know. 

• Like 1

Yes our WhatsApp group often gets polluted with random banter, but mostly works. 

I turned off the bleeping sound after day one!