Said bye to a pal today

Steve (sdh2903)

Sadly we had to say goodbye to our Labrador Oscar today. We've had him since he turned 8 weeks old and he finally succumbed to the usual Labrador arthritic hips and elbows at the ripe old age of 13. 

It's amazing just how much your pets become one of the family. We are all gutted, the kids especially as they have never known the house without him in it.

Feel like I've lost my right-hand man:(

Rest easy buddy.

• Sad 1

Sorry for your loss, I can understand exactly how you feel, my Old English Sheepdog is now 4 but Im dreading the day, as much as he frustrates me at times. 

Totally gutting Steve to hear....................but remember all the fab times you had with him and what you did was because you can and loved him lots. Tough to have to go though , but at peace now.

Have a sunny dog picture mate 

Dogs_in_Sun.thumb.jpg.c09d2f8f2be0dd1d29485c26f6fe1aad.jpg

Sorry to hear about your pet, I know how you feel I have had German Shepherds in the past which have succumbed to similar problems. I now have Ollie the Yorky who came from an old lady who had to go into a residential home. He is fourteen but still full of beans, not keen on the Westie hunkers down in the passenger seat out of the wind, he was worse when I had the aeroscreen.DSC00669.thumb.JPG.11415603be888ff50f76c32ee2852fe3.JPG 

Really sorry to hear this. I lost my best mate in September and it's awful, but hopefully gets better with time!

Understand your loss which none dog owners will not get. We had to have our Springer Spaniel (Spax) put down two years ago on Christmas eve after a good innings, but the hurt did ruin Christmas.

As others have said remember the good times.

So sorry to read this. Pets do become such a big part of the family that it does really feel like you’ve lost a part of yourself when they pass away.

Time helps soften the blow a little.

13 hours ago, AdgeC said:

Thoughts are with you and your family Steve. RIP oscar

I'd echo that completely Steve, my Bearded Collie is approaching 9 now and I cant think what I/we would do without him, although he obviously drives us all mad, even the cat.  Sad day, all our best thoughts for you and the family

Sorry for your loss and pain, which we all know is part of the package but doesn’t dampen the traumatic blow. :(  Hope you’re able to give another dog a happy and loving home very soon while remembering all the happy times you had with Oscar.