Upcoming 40th Birthday - Looking for first Westfield

MattV

Hi All,

Recently joined the WSCC as I have a milestone birthday rapidly approaching and am looking for my first Westfield.
Living in rural Lincolnshire but willing to travel for the right car.  What is the right car?  Very good question.

I was initially looking at bike engined cars, as it will mainly be used for evening and weekend thrashes, but have discounted these as I'd also like something that the girlfriend can get in, and poss LeMans trips etc.  I'm sure you can do these with a BEC, but 8000 rpm at 70mph doesn't appeal...  Sure I've read on here somewhere that BEC for the track, CEC for the road.

So, car engine it is, and I suppose something relatively modern would be good - Xetec, XE, Duratec etc.  I guess I'm looking for something with 175bhp plus
From a purely cosmetic point of view, I like the look of caged cars, but appreciate all of these things can be changed later.
Whilst it will be a fair weather car, I think the option of some kind of weather gear would be good too, although not sure how effective it actually is?

Anyhow, I have set myself an upper limit of £10k, so let's see what you've got!

Thanks
Mat - 07764 343249

Hi there and :ww:....my advise is take your time, shop around and with a heath £10k budget there is plenty to choose from...Have a look at toybox he's normally got a good selection. 

Try and find out were your local meets are and when and speak with the guys...once you get it you won't stop smiling...

Not sure i'd go for a caged car for road use, however you can't be too safe!

This is a REALLY nice road car.... Not sure how far he would be prepared to negotiate but i think there might be some movement?

If you have a full cage, then you wont be able to fit a hood, as far as I know. The nearest you could go to weather protection would be a full screen, and some wind deflectors, and maybe some half doors to keep your elbows and hip drier, I think.

The compromise would be a braced rollbar, with a hood which is high enough to fit over the braced rollbar. I don't think the factory hood will do that, but other suppliers will make hoods to fit.

You really need to go to a local area meeting and talk to the guys in your area about the pros and cons of the different options or engine, gearbox etc. before making up your mind. Ideally, wait until the spring before finally making up your mind, as not many of the cars will be out and about in winter. Although you might find cars slightly cheaper at this time of year, but maybe less choice for that reason.

Your budget should get you a good car with quite high spec., so take your time and make sure you get one which is what you really want.

I'm afraid you are heading onto the slippery slope of mid-life crisis.  It could be an expensive way of enjoying the next few years, and possibly for many years to come.:d:d

I use a full cage on the road with a tonneau, half doors, half hood and occasional windscreen. It's not exactly draft-proof, but does a good job at keeping the worst of the weather off...

Thanks for the replies Gents, all useful info.

I've arranged to go and have a look at John's red car, does look great in the pictures.

The caged thing wasn't so much about safety, I just quite like the way they look!

I'll keep scouring the classifieds, and hopefully see some of you at the various shows!

I’m no expert but the red one does look a cracker. If I had wanted a road car rather than track focussed one then I’d have been looking at that one without hesitation. Looks a really nice spec and from the piccies it looks well cared for and well presented.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be advertising mine shortly

2005 SEiW ST170 engine , omex 710 , gsxr1000 throttle bodies , all carbon internal panels , carbon tillets . New wheels tyres shocks fully rebuilt . FW rear v8 bonnet and standard nose . Spare scuttle and windscreen and doors .

Divorce forces sale !!

07971264550 gloucestershire 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, thought I should update this thread. 

I can confirm that I’m now the proud new owner of this:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/126756-2007-westfield-seiw-1800-zetec-reduced/

thanks for all of the inputs from everyone, much appreciated and I look forwards to seeing some of you at the various meets and shows.

Mods - can you mark the original for sale ad as sold - not sure if the seller still frequents the forum. 

Mat

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.