GBS Christmas Drinks and Mince Pies, Sat 16th Dec

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet 9.30am at McDonalds, Ollerton, NG22 9DT, we will take the 5 minute journey to the GBS factory for their open day. If you have time afterwards join us for a visit to Thoresby Hall, which proved very popular last time.

If it is raining we will put the roof on, if it is snowing, I have snow tyres on the MX5, i.e we are going, are you?

Will try!

• Like 1

diary not dairy @aeg :laugh:

Well my diary says I’m going to be working that Saturday and it might be a bit busy because of events the week after:down: but Julie Hall Father Christmas might bring you a dictionary !! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I reckon @aeg is starting to look pale already and needs to think about chucking a sickie at work, the remedy being lots of mince pies and cake to perk you back up. Don't worry about the car being SORN for this one, we drive about 5 miles in total, come in a tin top, it really doesn't matter on this day.

There will be free food, tea and coffee on offer as usual, just pop a donation in the air ambulance tin.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This event needed to be bumped up the events page so whilst having nothing to add, I thought I would write this comment!

The current forecast is cold and dry, I'll take that :t-up:

Unless you come in your tin top, then it will be hot and dry, but you will have lots of room to carry all the goodies that you buy from the Kit Spares shop, Santa insists that you visit the shop while you are there.

Tin tops welcome, there is only a couple of miles driving involved, virtually all in a 30mph zone, it's not exciting.

Coming!! Being completely barmy, we are planning to come in the Westy and see you at McD. Are you still planning Xmas lunch out at Thoresby Hall? Need to starve for a few days before we come so that we can fit in the cake, mince pies, german sausages, and then lunch - oh and McD before the event! :)

• Like 1

Yes, we will be going to Thoresby Hall afterwards, no diets allowed, lets hope the German Sausage Man is at GBS again, ooh currywurst sauce, yum, yum.

Cake, cake, cake........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yum, a Christmas lunch too! Turkey and Cranberry icedcream? ???

• Haha 1

As I check the forecast for Ollerton - Nought degrees at 9.30am!!! - Glen is busy filling his hip flask with whisky. 

My new and unintentional hobby seems to be Extreme Ice Cycling, as my commute was yet again very 'heart in my mouth' as I balanced along the untreated cycle paths this morning. Tomorrows new and unintentional hobby is Extreme Ice Westfielding - I might be the one needing a whisky by tomorrow night.

Drive slow and safe everyone, except Martyn, who will no doubt be dough nutting his way there :d  

• Like 1

Been looking forward to this for weeks. Car back together with new carpets and been on starvation diet so can fit in as much food as possible! Weather forecast is cold and clear so planning to come roofless. See you at McD for first course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, we will be roofless, doorless and brainless :t-up: