JULIE'S BATTLE OF THE ODO'S 2017

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

This competition is back for another year and if you need an excuse to drive your Westfield, here is one. The MOT certificate records an odometer reading.  This competition is looking for who has the biggest difference between their Westfield’s 2016 and 2017 MOT certificate odometer reading. In my opinion getting the ‘Westfield’ miles in makes you a winner anyway. The prize for first place is £50 worth of vouchers to spend at the Westfield Factory Parts Department. Second and third place will get you £10 and £5 respectively off your membership renewal in WSCC for next year. What are you waiting for? Get driving.

THE BORING BITS • The mileage must be in a Westfield. • The competition is open to WSCC members only, not the Committee or Area Organisers. Include your name, address and membership number with your entry. • The closing date is midnight 10th November 2017.
• Submit entries to peak@wscc.co.uk with a copy of your MOT certificate attached. • The judge’s decision is final. • You must agree to your entry being published in Westfield World magazine and online in the WSCC forum. • Prize must be redeemed within 12 months, is non-transferable and no substitute prize or cash equivalent will be offered. • If you have won this competition before you cannot enter it again.

My car doesnt have an MOT , Julie and the mileage is rubbish at 1920 miles from Nov 1st last year, so far. Might make 2000 by the weekend :oops:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

My car doesnt have an MOT , Julie and the mileage is rubbish at 1920 miles from Nov 1st last year, so far. Might make 2000 by the weekend :oops:

I won't get any higher if you warm your oil up stationary before changing! I used an oil change as an excuse for a 20 mile blat :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

I won't get any higher if you warm your oil up stationary before changing! I used an oil change as an excuse for a 20 mile blat :)

I will use this weekend to wash the new oil round. From the heat that a Honda produces, you must have leprosy , as it will be a billion deg celsius by 20 miles !! :d

Oh and dont mention coolant leaks on rads :angry:

• Haha 1

All should enter JULIE'S BATTLE OF THE ODO'S!

I entered before my AOship and won a prize, with very few miles. Did far more at 4k+ last MOT but can't enter as an AO.

Celebrate the mileage you've done - & enter! :praise:

• Like 2

Mine hadn't been MOT'd for about 5 years before I got hold of It in mid July... but I put over 1000 miles on it between then and now!

Better luck next year! (for me)

• Like 1

This competition was bumbling along quite nicely, with similar mileages coming in, around the 2000 mile mark. Until today that is, I have just received a whopper of a mileage, but you can still get 2nd or 3rd place, which is £10 and £5 off your membership with a more normal value.

Remember, most people have never even experienced the excitement of being sat in a Westfield, so every mile you do makes you a winner.

Living in the states we don't have an annual MOT-like procedure - that said I'd like to take part in this contest next year. Is there an acceptable way to document the mileage aside from an MOT?

dave

11 minutes ago, Davemk1 said:

Living in the states we don't have an annual MOT-like procedure - that said I'd like to take part in this contest next year. Is there an acceptable way to document the mileage aside from an MOT?

dave

Send Julie some special cakes. You should win hands down :d

• 2 weeks later...

DEADLINE IS AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

Special cakes eh, I have made a note too!!!

I have a winner....and 2 runner ups

@Ali and Gail have won this competition by driving 9270 miles in their Westfield.

@AndrewBClarke is in second place with 3124 miles.

@Trevturtle is in third place with 2737 miles.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone that entered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1