13 Inch Tyres

Terzo204

The wet tyre of choice back in the day for Sprinters was AVON CR28, they were a soft compound and could clear alot of water! Apologies  it's not race specific, but worth a look at.

http://www.avonmotorsport.com/road-legal/performance/cr28-sport

Looks interesting. I presume they are available in softs although the website is not clear.

This is my only concern taken from the 2016 Blue Book:

'EU Regulation 1222/2009 for tyre labelling exempts tyres designed for use on cars first registered before the 1st of October 1990, therefore a number of tyres remain on list 1b will only be valid for cars registered before this date'

and 'Turbospeed CR28 Sport' are one of said tyres. My car is 61 plate.

interesting as well :

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-tyres/yokohama-a021-r-tyre

These might be perfect and available in 185 60 13

The car age thing doesn't matter if you can use list 1C as I'm sure its only applicable to list 1B

Mike, if it helps I have bought Yoko a21r's for wet (Go careful as the new ones are not e marked so can't use them) R888's in soft for damp and R888R's for dry. After lots of discussion with people, but obviously what some people rate, others don't. 

Hope this help. 

Also, hope to see you about next season.

Lee

Hello Lee I hope you are well. I do hope we get to see you out there next season

The new ones are not e marked - is this set out in the Blue Book? DT website says List 1C (and I checked) then "Please note - this tyre is not e-marked for road use."

I won't be using the car on the road at all so am I ok?

4 hours ago, Terzo204 said:

Hello Lee I hope you are well. I do hope we get to see you out there next season

The new ones are not e marked - is this set out in the Blue Book? DT website says List LC (and I checked) then "Please note - this tyre is not e-marked for road use."

I won't be using the car on the road at all so am I ok?

Unfortunately for mag 7's the tyres need to be road legal list 1A,B or C . No competition tyres, some classes are allowed, just not us. (Unless they change the rules of course).

They do come up every now and then on Ebay, there were a set on here a week or 2 ago, on wheels. I have not got round to trying them in the rain yet but have been told they are good.

You could Always check with Peter French to see if you will be allowed to run the new ones, if so I would be interested to hear the outcome.

Lee

DT says "The Yokohama A021-R tyre is a list 1C tyre, ideal for ..., circuit racing," and Mag 7's says List 1C are permissible so I would hope they are permitted, even if they are not road legal. I guess it probably prudent to wait until the Mag 7's 2018 regs and 2018 Blue book is available before I potentially waste my money.

Are uou definitely out next year then Lee? Would be great to see you out there - potentially the only Westie out there now!

Hoping to get out for most of it, but that was the case this year. Didn't make anything this year at all.

Fingers crossed.

Will let you know as soon as I know what is happening.

Really must get someone to buy my hotel so I can concentrate on other things.

13 hours ago, iowlee said:

Hoping to get out for most of it, but that was the case this year. Didn't make anything this year at all.

Fingers crossed.

Will let you know as soon as I know what is happening.

Really must get someone to buy my hotel so I can concentrate on other things.

Like racing!

Come on Lee - come and have a play!

• 2 months later...

Looks like the V70s are now available, but only in 175 width. My current tyres are 185. Does this matter? They are softs and I cannot find another tyre in soft at all for 13 that are list 1C.

Edited - I purchased these as an ex Caterham mechanic thinks it wont have a significant effect going to a 175. As Adam suggested above, I just feel that the soft compound has to be the priority.

Apparently, Khumo are running down stocks prior to a takeover and supply is likely to be haphazard.......whether that's sales patter I don't know but sod it I bought them now!