MG YB - SOLD

It Almost Looks Like A Car

Hi All,

Selling our family owned MG YB, really nice honest car, because my Mum struggles to get in and out due to illness, so if you are interested drop me a dm or call my Dad on the phone number in the add:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C926423#.Weyif63EnqQ.email

Thanks for looking,

Antony

• Like 1

I would not say it is perfect, there is a few marks and flakes here and there, but she is 65 years old!

This car bears many similarities to my first car - 1947 Morris Ten Series M. The engine is essentially the same unit I believe, but slightly larger displacement and power. Inside there are familiar things: knobs to start the wipers and only the driver's side alone could operated if desired, and the rear blind was on mine as well. The 'ankle straps' on the rear door pillars caused some amusement among my chums as did the opening windscreen. Yours looks fixed but yours looks as if it has a heater too. I learned to drive on mine (well practised between lessons by my brother in law), and passed in November 1962. Those other elder statesmen here will recall that the Home Counties had very north-country weather over that winter with snow still lying between Boxing Day and mid-March. All with no heater and pedal gaiters that leaked cold air...

Good luck with the sale - you're asking a bit more than I paid. Mine was £30 and sold on for £35 in spring 1963. Great times. :)

Oh and the semaphore trafficators needed a good thump to deploy. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • It Almost Looks Like A Car changed the title to MG YB - SOLD

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.