N Yorks Christmas Meal and Lemon Tops.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Does anyone fancy joining me on either Saturday 2nd or Saturday 9th December in Scarborough.

Proposal is to go get something to eat at a place to be agreed followed by the amusements to spend our loose change and Lemontop ice creams.  

• 2 weeks later...

Right....Meet on the 2nd December outside the Weatherspoons opposite Scarborough railway station at 1.00pm. I am suggesting the Weatherspoons as the food was ok last time and it was a good atmosphere. We can then walk down to the harbour for the amusements, bowling, ice creams etc, etc, etc. There is car parking close by and its only a few pounds. If anyone wants to meet at mine and travel through together then thats fine. I am near Filey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry Geoffrey, can't make it. I'm in Manchester with the Manchester lot.

3 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Sorry Geoffrey, can't make it. I'm in Manchester with the Manchester lot.

ditto 

Thanks to both of you for the reply. :t-up:

Its appreciated and I hope you have a great time.

What a brilliant day.

Started with getting up at 4.15am with a drive to Meet Gary and Trina for breakfast at 7.00am in Darlington.

We had the best breakfast ever at the Toby Carvery in Darlington and it even had Yorkshire puddings that had bacon in the mix including beef gravy. All the food was really clean and tasty....bit like me. :d

Cannot believe that Gary and Trina have had a 900  mile round trip just to join us in Scarborough for the day. :t-up:

We travelled back to my house for coffee and mince pies via Castle Howard and the snow covered hills of the North Yorkshire Moors.

Plenty of banter ensued and I learnt that there are various words in the american language [Trina is american] that do not mean the same thing as here.....much to our amusement.

We met up with Malc and Di who both have a great sense of humour and we got on really well.

We took Trina to see the sea as she lives hundreds of miles from the coast and made our way to Scarborough.

We met Dave and Russell in Scarborough and food, drinks, laughs, amusements, lemon top ice creams, milky coffees all at various establishments followed, including a relaxing walk around the harbour area.

We even had scares in Terror Tower where Di through her arms around me as she was scared by a dinosaur....I think the dinosaur was an excuse though.

We passed a great "kit" camper van on the sea front.

Anyway...we had a great day and I would like to thank everyone for coming.

Here are a few pictures of our day.

Xmas meal.jpg

Di on pusher.jpg

Gary & Trina at view.jpg

Sunset.jpg

Penny Pushers.jpg

Camper.jpg

Lemontops.jpg

• Like 2

I am glad that it is not just us lot in the Peak District that go for ice creams in the winter :).

Looks like you had a lovely day in kind weather, thanks for sharing your pictures Geoffrey :t-up:

• Like 1

Hi Julie.

Love Lemontop Icecreams.

Had a great day with even better friends.

• Like 1

As Geoffrey has already said what a brilliant day or “awesome “ to use Trina’s phrase and anyway what better way to spend a weekend with friends old and new

we both want to thank Geoffrey for organising and guess what ..... we get to do the Scottish get together on the way home tomorrow lol

so sat having a wee refreshment then bed

• Like 1

Had a great day great to meet new friends and looking forward to getting out in the westy with like minded people great club and thank you Geoff for organising it 

malc

• Like 2