Peak District Circular, SUN 21st Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

It was raining, blowing a gale and freezing when we set off, and it didn't change all day, I was glad to have the roof on. We arrived in Ashbourne and the photographing of the Bagpuss began.

DSC02136.JPG

Soon Andrew arrived

DSC02138.JPG

Dave was next.

DSC02139.JPG

@greenstreak you think you want more power, I am here in a little Zetec, with a V8 and a Honda in tow, I could develop an inferiority complex if I wasn't so proud to be travelling with them.

Andrew's rocker switch for his lights had broken, so he did a running repair and temporarily used the heater switch in it's place. Oooh, no heater, brrrr.

We set off into the Peak District, past a big stag with massive horns in a field, and through lots of big puddles. The route was bob on, but I must go back to it in dry weather to fully appreciate it. It is both scenic and fun to drive. We soon arrived at a new cafe that has opened, the only food it sells at the moment is cake and ice-cream, so we had our dessert first, that's a bit naughty.

DSC02142.JPG

Andrew chose a salted caramel cake, which I have never had before, so he let me taste his, that was very trusting of him, don't you think.

DSC02146.JPG

DSC02149.JPG

We continued on our journey, which included a pose through Bakewell, which was full of holidaymakers. Then it was off piste, back to the twisty roads, wet, but twisty, we are sooo going to do this route again in the dry. We finished at one of our favourite cafes in Hulme End, where we had homemade soup and the main course. It was here that Dave and Glen helped the elderly couple change the flat tyre. Andrew was busy aiding and abetting me photographing the Bagpuss in Dave's car. Whoops, here he is sat in Andrew's car too, how did that happen :oops:

DSC02150.JPG

At the cafe in Hulme End

DSC02152.JPG

Our journey home took us through Matlock Bath, which was NOT lacking in motorbikes, so, you see, we are not the only daft one's out in the bad weather. Phew, not a mention of any weather girls all day, gotcha. Now, for next weekend, Mummy Nature, can we please have some lovely sunshine like the F1 driver's have got today.

Thank you to everyone for coming today, you hardcore Westfielder's you :t-up:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sounds like you all had a good but wet run. 

Power is great but expensive Julie!

Andy

• Haha 3

Looks like you had a great day today even if it was a little damp :) Sorry we missed it but we went to visit our grand children first and then had a tour of Warwickshire in the sunshine:sun: sorry no pictures!

• Like 2

Glad you've had a good day out despite the weather. 

I've just discovered 'Moo-Pig' in the house - he was bought by my eldest daughter Lauren on the birth of her sister Charlotte.

This clearly has sub consciously been my design influence for Bagpuss.

IMG_9700.thumb.JPG.353e25a1f97553eea4ef21caf6a2fc5c.JPG

IMG_7383.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

IMG_7385.JPG

storage.jpg

underdash.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

DSC02150.JPG

How well did the half hood cope with the inclement weather ?

I've just ditched my full hood in favour of one, but have yet to brave the weather !

Does the turn button fixing allow a little more tension than the stock popper ?

Rain vs Cake = Win for the Cake !

3 hours ago, toys4x4boys said:

How well did the half hood cope with the inclement weather ?

I've just ditched my full hood in favour of one, but have yet to brave the weather !

Does the turn button fixing allow a little more tension than the stock popper ?

Rain vs Cake = Win for the Cake !

Half hood from soft bits for sevens. Had small issues with straps as I have a rear screen fitted in the roll bar so could not fix straps onto seat belt hooks. Turn buckles fit better in my case as you can have double depth and can therefore keep the boot cover on at the same time as the hood. This would be different if you have a solid boot cover. Prefer driving with the half hood in lieu of the full cover as you still have the feeling of being outside but dry. When travelling half hood is probably more water resistant than the full cover as it goes over the doors so no dripping on the dash. Welcome to come and have a play or join up on a trip out. Otherwise I will be at Stoneleigh!  Andrew

• Thanks 1

Come on Julie, we've got a Sunday off and you've got nothing going on in the Peaks, come on woman organise yourself:p I get lost if I'm not following another Westie,  take care Andy and Becky

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, aeg said:

Come on Julie, we've got a Sunday off and you've got nothing going on in the Peaks, come on woman organise yourself:p I get lost if I'm not following another Westie,  take care Andy and Becky

Don't worry Andy we will meet you in the usual place at the usual time and go somewhere on a Warwickshire area mystery tour......destination unknown but it will include cake! :d