Weird skies today

Captain Colonial

Anyone else seeing weird skies today?  Had a peach / red coloured sun since first thing, and the skies here in the Midlands are a spooky yellow / orange colour too.  Same where you are?  I assume this is being caused by the storm.

Down here on the south coast of Cornwall it is a windy (we have had much worse) but otherwise lovely sunny day.

Earlier I found our cars were covered in red dust both were reasonably clean yesterday.They said on the news that the dust and smoke is from the Sahara and also the forest fires in Spain and Portugal. I could smell the burning when I first went out but it seems to have blown through now. 

Here in the Chilterns at 14:30hrs it is dusk already and orange skies - weird! The Met Office on their website, in their infinite wisdom, say that 'NOW' is bright sunshine. So much for super computers. eh? :bangshead:

ETA perhaps Kim Jong Un has let off his squib! 

Same here in North London in the last 40mins... Something to do with sand from the Sahara on the back of Ophelia, looks nice but eerie.

Yes it was very strange earlier, very eerie. My wife has just got back and her car, which I washed yesterday, is covered in sand. It lovely and sunny now but the wind is picking up. 

Had a post apocalyptic feel at Gatwick this afternoon, but that might just be Gatwick.