SEight Donor car / engine & transmission

MertianB

It is with a large amount of sadness that I am posting this advert. Having just spent a fair sum of money having the fuelling resolved, I took her for a run at my local track. Unfortunately, the worst happened and I’m now assessing where to go. I’m not in a position to invest any more into a ‘fun car’ at the moment, and would like to assess if there is any interest in either buying the car as a donor vehicle for the engine and transmission or perhaps just taking the engine and transmission. This might be perfect for your next project.

Spec as follows

Engine was 3.9 now 4060cc
Baffled sump
Cast pistons
Extensive porting to heads
Gas flowed
Larger than standard valves – 1 piece Teflon coated
Rally cam
All ports matched
Lightened fly wheel
T5 Gearbox

The car was on the dyno last weekend. Putting out a very respectable 258.8 BHP, with a very fat torque curve, peaking at 232.9 lbf.ft

I have lots of documentation relating to the car, from the build, including a magazine article in Kit Car magazine.

If this is of interest, please get in touch and we can explore options.

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_8567.JPG

IMG_6220.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2393-1.JPG

• Sad 1

Really sorry to see this! My heart goes out to you. Anything is fixable, maybe keep it in the shed until you can repair it? buy the odd part as they come available second hand. Would be such a shame to scrap it. Might even be able to get the chassis straightened?

Sorry to hear this, but more importantly are you alright? That looks like a biggie.

Echo everyones comments. But you are Ok which is the main thing. Have a deep think on the car and if you can put it away for a while until you perhaps want to re-chassis the car ? Would be a shame with all the work put in, to let it go.

Sad to see this but you must be okay so that is the most important thing. Accident damage always looks worse when covered in mud etc so wait a few days and get the chance to clean it all off and then assess the damage. 

Once you have that assessment then you can decide the next step. Don't rush things

Commiserations. I am sorry to see that, truly. :(

Really sorry to see. If you can I would delay any decision. I hit a crash barrier in my Corvette C6 last January, and whilst not hurt, and nobody else involved, it took a while to really get over it. I’d owned many V8’s over 20 years, couldn’t understand how it got away from me and felt quite low. (Corvette auto boxes deciding to shift to 1st catch lots of people out.)

Things will feel better as time passes.

Thanks everyone for your messages.  I am one lucky boy!  I'm a little stiff and a few bruises, but that's it.

I'm just in the process of negotiating with someone who wants to take the whole car, and pick it up this week, but it's never a done deal until the car's away.  I'll update the add once I know for sure.

Martin

we did something very similar two weeks ago, when Steve decided to see if westies can fly, damage looked to be final as even the gear box and sump were broken, but after a visit to Siltech a complete new front chassis and welded gearbox,  roll bar, steering arms etc  we were racing at Anglesey this weekend.  Results being better than it was before!   Cost was not nearly as bad as had thought, so before you make too hasty a decision try getting a quote from them.  They have a jig and make it all in house, the are in this months Complete Kitcar magazine.

On 16/10/2017 at 20:48, MertianB said:

Thanks everyone for your messages.  I am one lucky boy!  I'm a little stiff and a few bruises, but that's it.

I'm just in the process of negotiating with someone who wants to take the whole car, and pick it up this week, but it's never a done deal until the car's away.  I'll update the add once I know for sure.

Martin

I was  behind you in the white Raptor when you went off, you were indeed lucky you went so high when it flipped.

good to hear you were ok, by the time I got round the hairpin to look back I could see you getting over the barrier under your own steam.

my onboard video had a flat battery by that time and didn't capture it.

good luck with the sale 

On 20/10/2017 at 19:33, MertianB said:

Thanks Kev

Hope my accident didn't take the edge off your day

Martin

I had already decided that would be my last run of the day, when I saw the amount of debris and red flags I decided to load up.

i am sure it took more of an edge off your day than mine :-) 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.