What if?

Kevin (Mr T)

Before you order the caterham one give powertorque a try. They supplied my ecoboost one (titan made no branding) and it was half the price of various other suppliers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdh2903 said:

Before you order the caterham one give powertorque a try. They supplied my ecoboost one (titan made no branding) and it was half the price of various other suppliers.

Brill, will give them a go.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, sdh2903 said:

Is that Power Torque Engineering in Coventry Steve?

Yeah that's the one. Ask to speak to Salv he sorted me out with a load of parts and useful info on the ecoboost. Worth a try before paying cateringvan prices.

• Like 1

Strongly recommend one of the modified sumps kits. Check the clutch as well, my sigma with a type 9 has a hydraulic clutch with an extended bleed pipe. All the best with the swap.

Gary

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdh2903 said:

1.6 or 2.0? The 2.0 ecoboost can use a Duratec sump which I know Powertorque can supply but when I spoke to them in May 2017 they didn't have a shallow 1.6 ecoboost sump but you can use the Caterham Sigma sump as detailed above.

3 hours ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO said:

Sadly Justin, I will be investing in the Caterham sump kit to help with clearance. Pricey, but seems to be the only option.

As to the rest, will know better once I have the engine out and start taking measurements.

If you're in no hurry I might have one for sale in a few weeks.

35 minutes ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

1.6 or 2.0? The 2.0 ecoboost can use a Duratec sump which I know Powertorque can supply but when I spoke to them in May 2017 they didn't have a shallow 1.6 ecoboost sump but you can use the Caterham Sigma sump as detailed above.

Ah yes mine was a 2.0 and you've spoken to them since the last time I did. Guess it's a caterham one then.

9 hours ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

If you're in no hurry I might have one for sale in a few weeks.

A sump kit for a Sigma? I can wait!

1 hour ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO said:

A sump kit for a Sigma? I can wait!

Yes, I bought it for my ecoboost project but might be using another solution so it might be available in a few weeks. I'm just getting my engine mounts made which will finalise heights. I will let you know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Yes, I bought it for my ecoboost project but might be using another solution so it might be available in a few weeks. I'm just getting my engine mounts made which will finalise heights. I will let you know.

I will hold off for now then. Thanks Tim.